Chapter 8 (bad dreams)

-Ariana POV-

I was cuddled up with Y/n in bed slowly rubbing her back helping her sleep. Lately, Y/n's been having nightmares about her life back with her parents.

They were all so terrible to her because of things she couldn't even control. And even so, they should've still loved her not neglect her and kick her out onto the streets before she even finished high school.

Y/n had gone through so much pain so much heartbreak but it didn't matter anymore the past is gone and I'm her future. I'll make sure Y/n is happy and when the time comes and I get pregnant with our love child. I'll love them and care for them.

Feeling Y/n start stirring in my arms her face became scrunched up followed by whimpers I knew what was happening.

"Hey hey, it's okay just a dream it's not real." I gently rubbed her back and clung to her even tighter. "I'm here your Ana is here and I'm never going anywhere."

Y/n started relaxing in my arms a stray tears slipped from her eyes. "I'm never going anywhere."

It was the morning and Y/n looked exhausted and she wasn't the only one. Every five minutes I'd wake up because of Y/n stirring and I'd have to call her down. These nightmares were getting out of hand.

I mean she's always had nightmares every one does but they've been happening back to back lately and I don't know how to help her. I hate seeing her in that state and to make matters worse I'm being subjected to it during my favorite parts of my day.

"Hey, Ana I think I need therapy." My head snapped back to Y/n who had just come down the steps in her pajamas and her set of matching robes. "Why do you think that."

She shrugs. "I don't know I heard that dreams can be caused by the subconscious and. Maybe I need to fix some underlying issues"

My grip on the cup in my hand tightened. "And you think therapy will help that." Y/n sheepishly nodded her head.

I wanted Y/n to get better more than anything in the world but I wasn't up to doing anything in the world.

God knows America doesn't have the best track record when it comes to mental health care. The last thing I need is for them to lock her up in a mental hospital because she has issues.

"I don't know about that Y/n." Y/n walked closer to me allowing me to see her better and she looked terrible. She had dark circles under her eyes and she was pale. Probably from the lack of sleep, she looked like a ghost and it broke my heart.

"Okay we can go I'll make an appointment for first thing tomorrow okay." Y/n nodded her head and shuffled her way over to me. I wrapped my arms around her enveloping her in my warmth. Slowly I rubbed her back I could hear Y/n start sobbing and I felt like crying but I knew that I had to stay strong.

Pulling out of the hug I rubbed Y/n's cheeks "Come on let's eat breakfast."

The next day came by and I waited outside in the waiting room patiently. I tried to distract myself with my phone but I'd often find myself staring at the door my mind losing focus. Waiting hopefully for when she comes out the door.

God, I hope a few sessions with a therapist is all she needs. I don't know how much more Y/n can take of this. God I just want this all to end she's such a good person with the kindest heart with a splash of dark humor. But who doesn't like a bit of dark humor you know?