Chapter 23 therapy

Just put citric acid in my baby bottle pop my tongue is numb now

-Y/n POV-

I rubbed my temple in anticipation of whatever mess me and Ariana were about to get into.

Ariana and I were at a couples counseling office waiting for our turn and my heart hammered away in my chest.

I was so upset at myself for agreeing to give Ariana a second chance but looking at how she cried I couldn't resist. And plus I didn't want the kids to have a broken family especially since they had just come from one not too long ago.

Some days I hate how much of a bitch I am it's exhausting honestly.

Hearing the door open out came a couple who looked like they were ready to stab each other in their throats followed by an exhausted-looking women with a name tag and clipboard.

"Uhm Ariana and Y/n?" Said the exhausted woman. I lifted my hand and the lady sighed "Come with me" I tapped Ariana on her shoulder and gained her attention. "It's our turn," I said pointing to the lady.

A huff left Ariana and she stood up "Let's get this over with." She mumbled annoyed making me groan.

Following the lady we were led to a room that was quite stereotypical. A red sofa on one side a single neigh chair on the other facing the sofa and in the middle of those two chairs was a short glass table with stacks of papers on it. On the walls were pictures of flowers and a really large picture of a sunset on a beach with ocean liners in the water.

The was a diffuser that was the shape of a dog blowing out the peppermint-smelling mist. In the corners of the room, some plants looked to be real and healthy, a bookcase full to the brim with books, a desk, and a couple of drawers.

"Please take a seat and get comfortable." Said the exhausted-looking woman to which Ariana and I sat down on the sofa next to each other.

"Now that we're all good and comfortable I'll start. My name is Julia it's nice to meet you two." Julia held out her hand and I shook it and after I was done Ariana did the same.

"Now as I do with all couples I'll start by asking you both a few questions about your marriage and relationship." The lady grabbed a piece of paper and put it on her clipboard.

After a couple of questions, I couldn't help but notice Ariana was closing herself off and was losing interest. Which was stupid and made no sense since Ariana was the one who begged me to do this.

Something tells me Ariana wasn't expecting me to take her ass to therapy. Well, too bad the me that let her walk over me is gone now.

I'm a mother and I want to set them a good example of a strong woman and hopefully a good and healthy relationship.

"Now last question how would you consider your relationship to be doing? For example is it stable or perhaps just not doing so well?"

"It's dying it's on life support." I spoke flatly making Ariana scoff "I wouldn't say that you're just being dramatic." Ariana whined "But it's the truth our marriage is struggling Ariana and the quicker we accept that the better." I snapped at Ariana catching her off guard.

"Well, I don't I think it's fine just the way it is." Ariana muttered and crossed her arms like a child "Yeah because you're the one benefiting from it while I'm suffering." My voice cracked as I began to get emotional

"You think I enjoy treating you the way I treat you. But I do it because it's the only way I can make you stay." I stared at Ariana dumbfounded because what she was saying didn't make a lick of sense.

"You think beating on me and degrading me is going to make me want to stay with you, Ariana. All it does is make me want to put a bullet in my head!" My voice began to rise as my emotions started taking over.

"Well, what else am I supposed to do!" Ariana stood up her voice raised to the point she was on the verge of yelling "I don't know maybe not hit me, don't make me feel like shit, treasure me, and treat me like I'm worth something." Ariana crossed her arms

"Oh please like that would work." Ariana sat back down on the couch "Why wouldn't it work Ariana."

"Because that's how all my other relationships ended!" Ariana suddenly snapped at me catching me off guard "Everyone on the god-awful internet labels me as the cheater and how I can't stay in one relationship but that's far from the truth." Years started flowing down Ariana's eyes.

"Every. last. Damn. relationship I'm in I'm always getting cheated on and I don't know why. I give them my heart, soul, and everything but once they got what they wanted from me they toss me to the side like I'm shit."

I stared at Ariana bewildered and speechless

"And when you started becoming successful and less dependent on me I got nervous because." Ariana began choking on her tears "You're the best thing that ever happened to me and I didn't want to risk losing you so I did what I did." Ariana began sobbing

"And now that I'm saying it out loud I realized how unfair it is for me to treat you like all because of my insecurities." Ariana began laughing "I am just a piece of shit maybe that's why they all cheated on me." Not knowing what to say I just pulled Ariana into a hug and started rubbing her back.

"You're not a piece of shit Ariana your just a little complicated and there's nothing wrong with that. You weren't born like this you were made into this from fear of heartbreak. And.."

I pulled out of the hug and cupped Ariana's cheeks "I'll always love you no matter what." Gently I pressed my lips against Ariana's and she quickly kissed back.

I felt my heart skip a beat as the feeling of kissing Ariana brought back happy memories. The days we'd go out on romantic dates and then come home and make love or the many sneaky rendezvous we had in her car or her dressing room before me and Ariana were public with our relationship.

Moving my lips and melting into the kiss I remembered how much I loved kissing her.

Hearing the thought of a throat clearing me and Ariana pulled away our lips smacking as we separated. Turning towards the therapist Ariana and I chuckle. "Well, this has been one hell of a session."

"Sorry." I apologized and Ariana only giggled kissing me on the side of my mouth. "No don't apologize seeing a couple make up on their own is such a relief after the mess I went through today." The woman sighed with a small smile on her face

"And I think from what I witnessed today it would seem you two didn't need a therapist to help with your relationship but instead you two just needed someone to get the conversation started."

"It's obvious to you that you two still love each other dearly despite some questionable actions that the other has done." Her eyes quickly looked over to Ariana and then back to me "So for today I want you two to just go home and have a conversation about how the other hurt you and figure out ways you could fix those broken bones. And after you're done reflect on those newly learned things."

Looking over at Ariana who had a smile small on her face I felt a bit of confidence and hope. Maybe our relationship isn't as dead as I thought it was maybe there is a chance for us to get better.

I probably shouldn't have said that because I most definitely jinxed us but there was only one way to find out.

—-
This chapter took so long to make and I don't know why it wasn't even that crazy