Chapter 17

"Are you excited about tonight?" Bernadette asked.

"Yeah I am, I'm a little nervous though." Penny said as she watched Eliza play on the floor with Michael.

"You know she'll be okay here."

"No I know, it's just her first night away. And Leonard and I haven't been out alone forever."

"You'll have a great time, date nights are important when you have a kid."

"Mmm, I know it'll be good, just. Weird."

"Hi baby girl." Penny smiled down at her daughter, running her hand over Eliza's head as she pulled herself up to the couch they were sitting on.

"I'm telling you, she'll be walking in no time!" Bernadette grinned.

"Ga!" Eliza shouted, pointing her finger at Halley.

"Can you say Halley?" Bernadette smiled.

"Nanana."

"That's a no then." Bernadette giggled.

"How's Halley liking preschool?" Penny asked, picking her daughter up.

"Oh, she loves it! Halley, what is your favorite part of preschool?"

"Lunch!" Halley replied. "And snack time!" She giggled.

"Love that." Penny laughed. "Anyways, I should get going. Thanks again for watching Eliza tonight."

"You're welcome, we'll have fun won't be girls."

"Mommy can we watch movies?"

"Of course, you can show Moana to Eliza."

"Yeah!" Halley smiled, running off.

"Okat, baby girl. Be good for Aunt Bernadette." Penny said, kissing her daughter goodbye as she passed her over.

"She's always an angel, you kids have fun and don't follow in my footsteps." Bernadette laughed.

"Trust me, one is enough also I can't have anymore kids. She said sadly as Bernadette looked at her sadly with regret. "But that's okay Leonard and I are happy with just Eliza. Bye Bernie, bye munchkin. Please call me if you need anything at all. I mean it!"

"I'm sorry for saying that, but go have fun!" Bernadette said pushing her out the door.

"That was nice." Penny grinned, resting her head on Leonard's shoulder as they walked into the apartment block.

"Mmm, it was. I can't believe it had been so long."

"Well I can't believe how drunk I am." Penny giggled, clinging onto Leonard's arm.

"You're a mess." He laughed as they climbed the stairs.

"Hey, like you said it's been a looooong time since I've had this much wine."

"What, three glasses? So you're a lightweight now?" He laughed again.

"I use to drink you under the table Hofstadter, now I'm a lightweight Mom!" She giggled, walking into the apartment and dropping down onto the sofa.

"You wanna watch a movie to sober up? We have leftover dessert as well remember." He said. "Penny?"

"Yeah, hi sorry!" She grinned up from her phone.

"You're looking at pictures of her aren't you." Leonard said, raising his eyebrow.

Maybeeeeee." She sighed, clutching her phone to her chest.

"We called earlier, Bernadette said she went down without an issue, so relax." He said, sitting down next to her pulling her into a hug.

"Hmmm, I know." She sighed, curling into him. "I've missed this, thank you for dinner."

"You're welcome." He replied, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"God I love you." She breathed, looking at him.

"I love you more..." He said, looking down at her.