Chapter Eight

*Gracie's POV*

We sat at my piano, looking into eachothers eyes. I had just told him about my grandmother and he had let me cry on his shoulder. He had wiped away the tears on my cheek and was leaning his forehead against mine. All I wanted at that moment was to kiss him. As he leaned in, I thought I would get my wish. As I closed my eyes and our lips were about to touch, his cell phone rang. My eyes snapped open as the moment completely shattered. He pulled away and reached for his phone. I saw Louis's name light up on the screen, with a goofy picture of Lou.

"I'm uh gonna go take this." He said walking into the kitchen. Well sounds about right. The perfect moment, with the perfect guy, ruined by a guy named Boo Bear.

*Liam's POV*

"Lou this better be good." I said as I pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hold on mate, gotta put you on speaker, the lads and I want to chat." I waited as he did and heard a chorus of hello's from the other boys.

"How's Gracie?" Harry said. I chose to ignore him.

"What do you want?" I said, slightly irritated that my moment with Gracie had been interrupted.

"You may want to get home, lad. There are some very interesting stuff about you in the news." Said an irish accent that had to be Niall.

"Fine, I'll be there in a few minutes." They all said their goodbyes and I hung up. I found Gracie blankly staring at the keys of her piano. My jumper was still wrapped around her shoulders. "Hey I gotta go, but I'll text you later?" I said as I stood next to her.

"Ok, sounds good." She stood up and led me to the door. We stood awkwardly at the door. I leaned down and kissed her flushed cheek. I turned and walked to the car. Her voice stopped me halfway.

"Wait! I still have your jumper." I turned on my heel and took a few steps backward.

"Keep it. It looks better on you anyway." She smiled and slowly walked back to into her apartment.

*

"Why didn't you kiss her!?" Harry said after I had told them that they had interrupted the perfect moment with Gracie.

"Don't pressure him! Why jump into a relationship?" Louis said.

"Well if he doesn't kiss her soon then I will." Harry said. He was lucky I wasn't a violent person. Louis was right though. Why should I jump into a relationship? I barely knew the girl. For all I knew she could be hiding a crazy axe murderer under all that perfectness. I made the decision to take it slow with her and be friends first. That way I could have more time to get over Danielle.

Zayn casually turned on the TV as we all settled into the couch. Celeb News was on. Bieber was at it again, late for a concert and now in the hospital. That guy just never quit. Meanwhile, the usual drama with Rihanna and Chris Brown continued.

"Well we may have a new couple on our hands! Just weeks after his breakup with Danielle Peazer, Liam Payne has been spotted with a new girl! This brunette beauty has yet to be identified, but we will give you all the updates as their relationship buds." On the screen was a picture of me and Gracie jogging, then one of me leaving her apartment. The boys dropped their jaws and looked at me. This was the last thing I wanted for Gracie. As soon as the fans found out who she was, the hate would begin.

******

He guys so hope you liked it!! Leave ur thoughts !!!! Love you guys!! Steph <3

#PrayForBoston