twice ; shy

Day 9

When River wasn't waiting for Paige at her locker again, she realised how used she was seeing him every time at her locker or after class.

It was very weird for a guy waiting for you after your every class only after meeting him for a few days. But River...he's something.

It all happened too fast, she was walking and then someone pulled her to an empty classroom. She blinked a few times, vision hazy after the sudden movement.

She shakily asked, " Who are you? Why...why did you pull me here? "

Paige couldn't see anything, only tables and chairs by the light illuminated from the windows. She was banged into the wall at the back of the wall with the culprit's fingernails digging into her skin.

She groaned in pain and finally the culprit's voice spoke, " Well Paige you didn't listen to me did you little Paige. "

Paige recognised that voice in an instant. She spat, " Shirley. " At the same time, she was freaking out like this chick only threatened her a few days ago!

Shirley laughed menacingly and said, " Little whore recognised me hm? "

She yanked Paige's hair and whispered into Paige's ear, " If you don't stay away from my River, I'll make sure that your life will be in living hell. "

Then she smiled, her smile curling into a sinister laughter. She told Paige, " Since you didn't listen to me, I decided you deserve a punishment. "

She kicked Paige repeatedly in the stomach using her stiletto heels until Paige was groaning in pain. Paige clutched her stomach, feeling like she would vomit any moment.

But that wasn't the end.

She pulled Paige up and screamed, " Get up you weak piece of shit! " Then she pinned Paige against a wall, slapped her left cheek and then her right. Repeating it over and over again.

After what it seems like an eternity, Paige desperately tried to keep her eyes open, the stinging pain on both of her cheeks made her wince in pain. She was sure that she had missed the whole first period.

She slumped down onto the floor as Shirley smirked and said, " This should teach you a lesson, making sure you listen to me. "

Shirley saw Paige's sleek iPhone on the floor and opened it but it was locked with a password. She screamed at Paige, " Bitch what is your password? "

Paige closed her eyes and weakly said, " 4...8...2...5 "

Shirley unlocked the phone and read a message using a mocking voice, " from river. Paige why aren't you in first period where are you? Didn't you come to school? I'm sorry I didn't meet you at your locker cause I was held up. "

She clicked her tongue and said, " Aw, River cares for your worthless little ass. But you better make sure he doesn't care anymore. I'll reply to River that you had period cramps and only coming to school later to make sure you don't tell him. "

After typing, Shirley flung the phone at Paige and Paige barely caught it. Without looking back, Shirley walked out of the door and left her alone in the classroom passing out.

She was utterly defenceless against Shirley Anderson.

-
When Paige woke up, she was still in the isolated classroom with dust flying everywhere. She checked the time on her phone and realised she missed her second period too.

"Oh shit."

She struggled to get up and decided to go to the nurse to ease the pain.

When she got to the nurse, the nursed asked her, " Dearie, what's wrong? "