negativity

" No doubt, River was her rock and without him, she will fall apart. She dreaded the day when River leaves her. "

Day 10

Paige was at home the whole day healing from the bruises that she got.

She pretended to be her mom and lied to the school that she had a stomach flu.

Last night after 3 hours of persuading, River finally promised to go back to school instead of taking care of her.

But he almost broke his promise when he texted :
Do you really don't want me to be there?

And she simply replied,
Yes.

This left her the whole day to try to block out all the negativity that has been in her. It was a futile try. She couldn't help it but to think about Shirley and River again and again. Then she fell asleep.

Her eyes fluttered open as she woke up from her nap. Groaning as her body aches started to pain her. She grumbled incoherently as she walked to the living room .

Needless to say, she saw the unexpected. River was just walking casually around the kitchen, taking out whatever ingredients that was in the fridge and the cabinets.

She groaned, " River, what the hell are you doing here?! "

" Honey, you should really change where you put your spare key. Cause I just walked in like this is my own house. " River said as he didn't even cared that he wasn't even supposed to be here in the first place.

" You actually did walked in like it was your house... " She mumbled and tried to fight off the blush that creeped up onto her cheeks.

Soon after, River sat at the dining table with two plates of pasta that was actually Paige favourite. They ate silently.

After Paige ate finished, she determinedly said, " A promise is a promise you better get the fuck out of my house. I will really be alright. Jesus, River you gotta have faith in me. I'm already graduating high school for god's sake. I'm a big girl okay! I promise that wha- "

He covered her mouth making her stop. He said, " Sure babe!but after watching a movie maybe? "

Paige furrowed her eyebrows as she thought and then she knew what he was trying to do. She immediately replied, " no no no no I know what you are trying to do. You are trying to stay longer and giving me all those stupid nicknames won't work. Get out. "

River started whining like a 5 year old, " but baby! I want to spend time with you. "

She shook her head, not changing her mind. She pushed him out of the house after much energy since he was stomping his feet and resisting like a child.

" You are so heavy " She grumbled and used one more push to push him out of the house.

He stood outside of the door pouting. She fake-smiled and said, " Bye! " She was about to close the door when she remembered about the spare keys.

Paige swiftly take the spare key and lock the front door. Not even a second later, River was banging on the door, screaming her name.

She just shouted, " see you tomorrow ! "

Walked up the stairs as she heard his shouts become fainter and fainter. Her phone buzzed as a new messages lit up the screen.

River : you owe me something for locking me out of your house

She replied
I owe you my middle finger

Feeling like she couldn't deal with his ridiculousness anymore, she off her phone and then went to watch the TV down in her living room.

At night Paige was using her laptop and thinking about Shirley again. No doubt she was bringing fear into Paige's life and that was no good. But what could Paige do? She was weak and there was nothing she could do to fight Shirley.

Paige stayed up all night not just thinking about Shirley but her mom and her dad. She tried calling her mom at this hour but it just went voicemail.

As she thought about her dad and mom, the past happy life that she lead, she cried to sleep, something that since River came into her life she did not do.