longing

Day 20

Paige shot up and looked around her surroundings. Everything looked untouched, things her study table stayed where it was supposed to be and there wasn't even any dirt on her floor. There was no sign of a person being here early in the morning.

She sighed disappointedly, " It was really just a dream. " She touched her lips that was warm with blood coursing through it.

She blindly ate her breakfast and after she finished, her father  asked her concerned, " Are you okay? You seemed sad since yesterday. "

She replied, " I don't know.... River got together with another girl. And my heart hurts so badly it's like a stubborn pain that will never go away. "

He smiled sadly, " I know how you feel. But my whole life, I believe in this saying, ' If someone's meant to be yours, eventually they will be ' So cheer up! There is still many guys out there. "

She laughed softly and said, " Thanks dad. "

Before she returned to her room, he winked at her and said, " Just tell me when you want to beat up River. "

-

He looked at his phone that has a picture of him and her during their first date. He felt so guilty, because most probably he stole her....first kiss.

He thought about his sneaking out in the morning. When he was in her room, he stared at her for one second, her hair was everywhere and her pjs we're kept but she was still so beautiful. Yet he can't tell her that because to her it was just a picture perfect dream.

He thought about the kiss. The feeling of her kissing , the thought of the secret kiss, her face when she was kissing him....it was total bliss and happiness.

When she asked him to stay, and looked at him with eyes that were so longing that he almost didn't want to leave her forever. He would just want to cuddle with her and stare at her beautiful face.

Suddenly, a smack on his arm broke his train of thoughts. He whipped his head to see Lance grinning at him. He asked him, " What are you grinning about? "

"You." Lance winked at him.

He pushed him and told him to stay away from him because he ain't gay. But he thought about if he did not tell a single soul what he did, he would just explode. He started to say, " You know last night I did something.... "

After he said finish his story, Lance said, " You are so whipped man. You two are like Romeo and Juliet. And it's so creepy to some extent. "

" Uhm Romeo and Juliet they died by drinking poison and killing themselves. Our families are not rivals too. "

" Well.... I was talking about how you two are star-crossed lovers and the obstacles that is standing in the way is a fat pig with ugly make up. "

" Valid point. Now go take care of my girl please while I move to our intended target. I have to hang out w her. Meet you here at night? "

" Ooooh my girl. I like the term please use it on me next time. Yeah I have to meet up with Paige to see how's she's doing. "

" We are not gays! Stop acting like one! Please take care of her. "

As he heard the roaring of the engine of her car, he smile so naturally that people would think he likes her. When he does, he would just check himself into a mental hospital.

-
Lance and Paige walked to a park that was deserted and they sat on the grass patch that did not have sun shining.

" Lance, may I ask you something? " Paige looked at him as she sipped her cold can of chocolate milk.