PROLOGUE: TRICKLE OF RAIN

"The rain falls for you,
the same way I do,
unapologetically,
over and over"

~srw

。 ゚☁︎ 。 ゚ ゚。

Damped environment it was, with humid surroundings. Each droplet danced on the Earth beneath, mirroring the city lights like a shimmering mosaic. With every step, splashes of water diverted and the trickle of rain fell over his shirt.

The strongest he was, yet was tiring to maintain his title, he bore the burden of constant expectations, after all even the substantial ones became lonely at the peak.

The ripples of rain helped him to wash off his exhaustion and the internal chaos within. His tall stature stood in the midst of precipitation. The only sound he could hear was the dripping of droplets and the disarray of the twigs falling down.

It's so tiring. He breathed his thoughts within.

Unaware his eyes fell on a short figure, a woman with long pitch-black hair. Among the people with umbrellas protecting themselves from nature, those two were the only ones who stood embracing the droplets.

The moment he saw her, he knew he had found his peace. Clueless, he had already fallen for her, not with the looks had but for the consensus she resided in her eyes, the quietness she clutched, and the way she was washing away her fatigue in the rain, just like Satoru.

 Clueless, he had already fallen for her, not with the looks had but for the consensus she resided in her eyes, the quietness she clutched, and the way she was washing away her fatigue in the rain, just like Satoru

She walked through the crossing line with the purse on her palms. She footed taking every step carefully, not to slip by chance.
The outside gloominess neutralized her face as if she had lost something in her life, yet she attempted her best to be not influenced by it.

Dark obsidian-like eyes Ah? Satoru noticed. The way his silver strands and azure eyes represented the sunshine, her, utterly contrasting was embodying the twilight.

A blush spread over his face and the smile that he never had grew over his thin glossy lips.

"Perhaps" Satoru mumbled under his whiff "Wandering in the rain wasn't a bad idea"