Chapter 26

Face Forward and Devon DaMaren are both trending on social media. It's official and public now: I'm free.

While everyone else is freaking out about my dropping the show and speculating why, I'm busy forging new alliances.

I invite my Recipient squad over for a sleepover. They fly in from all over the world and I have Hanz whip up dinner, desserts and drinks for us. The girls ooh and ahh over my stuffed animal collection and we sit in a circle, gossiping, eating, and laughing at Cleo - the name I've finally chosen for my familiar - while she darts from person to person, sniffing, purring and rolling around on the floor, asking us to pet her.

"You are so lucky you get to live with Cypher and Molly," Dove gushes. "Cypher is so so sexy - is he seeing anyone?"

Dominique answers.

"Yeah. Molly."

We all turn to her. I snort.

"I don't think so," I tell her. "They're like brother and sister."

"You are like brother and sister," Dominique insists. "They are fucking. Right now." She pauses and then adds, "I heard them on my way back from the kitchen."

Everyone's suddenly talking at once. Everyone's asking questions. Some of the girls want to go stand outside Cypher's door and listen for themselves; others are protesting. They're all bouncing off the walls with this revelation.

And me?

I'm just shocked and reeling. 

But also happy. Blissfully, relentlessly happy.