And what if...

After everyone left, Mal finally found herself alone with her thoughts. She knows that her friends and family want her and the baby to be well, but she needs to be alone. She needs to think without a million voices talking to and about her.

Mal is still coming to terms with the idea of having someone living inside her, and now she also has to understand this problem more. Her surprise was beginning to wear off, but now she doesn't even know what to think.

Mal threw his head back, thinking about how this was becoming a bigger snowball than she imagined. There's a small possibility that this baby doesn't have the magic of the scepter, and everyone is holding on to that hope, but for the queen, it's already a fact that the baby is full of evil magic.

She tries to distract herself by listening to her music and watching the news, which is silly because the news is again showing the group "against the reign of King Benjamin". She doesn't even want to imagine when they find out about her unconventional pregnancy. She will give it to Auradon an heir to the throne who will be like her or her mother, or worse. For a moment, Mal laughs at this. Seeing the conservative citizens discover that the royal heir has magic it will be a funny scene.

"Hi." Someone knocks on the door, and when she raises her eyes, she sees the most beautiful face for herself. " Can I come in?"

" Yeah, sure." She wipes her face so he can't see what she's been doing for hours. "This is still your room too, right?"

"Were you crying?" He caresses her face, running his thumbs over her cheeks. "Sorry about before, it's your life and your body."

"Come here." She pulls him closer. She let him sit down and leaned back against the headboard so that she could lean against him and feel embraced. "I forgive you, King Benjamin." She kissed him on the cheek. "They're getting on your nerves, huh?" She showed him the news.

"The same as always. There's nothing a very competent king and queen can't take care of." He says this, smiling and kissing her. "And you two?" He touches her belly, she which still feels strange. "Any nausea, flashing eyes or anything symptom?"

" Not yet."

She says it with that smile she has and uses when she doesn't like the subject.

"I know it's scary, but I know it'll work out."

Ben kisses her hair and hugs her closer.

"I know."

Mal doesn't want to talk about it with him, even though he's the baby's father, he wouldn't understand how she's feeling.

"What's wrong?"

He asks, looking at her.

"What?"

"I know you, Mal, you're thinking about something."

"How can you be sure of that?"

"The seven years I've been with you."

He smiled.

" It's just that I..." She searched for words to tell him what was on her mind. "It's just that it's so much magic for someone who hasn't even formed a body yet."

"Yeah, I know, it's crazy, but everything's going to be fine."

He assures her, lying down more comfortably on the bed.

"And if it's not?"

She turned to ask an innocent question.

"What do you mean?"

They've created a safe environment for conversation, there are no subjects they can't talk about.

"Ben, you realize how powerful my mother was, and this thing will be too."