6. THE BONFIRE

-'CHAPTER 6´-
THE BONFIRE

“Why do you look so tired?” Lydia inquires.

“Stayed up late watching movies,” Talia mutters.

Lydia nods, humming silently before she grabs a skirt. “This is cute”.

Talia raises a brow smiling softly “I don't have anywhere to wear it”.

“The bonfire duh” the redhead sputters.

Talia laughs lightly “I think this might be a little overdressed, plus I'm not even sure I'm going”.

The redhead's mouth goes open. “Yes you are”.

“You're not even going,” Talia points out.

“Yeah but I'm not a freshman”.

“I'm pretty sure there's more important things I should focus on, like the idea that I'm number two on the deadpool with an 18 million fine on my head” she whispers.

“What you need is some normalcy” her friend lectures “something to get your mind off all this”.

Talia tilts her head as she follows in Lydia's footsteps as the banshee leads her deeper in the mall.

“I guess,” she mutters.

“What about this” Lydia raises a black lace top. It was long sleeved and stunning.

“That's actually kinda cute” Talia steps forward.

“And your size” Lydia smiles, holding it up to her friend.

Talia laughs lightly.

“Liam’s going to think so too” she smirks.

“What” Talia raises a brow.

“Just saying” Lydia starts walking again, causing Talia to speed up to fall in line with her.

“Is that why you want me to go so bad”.

The redhead shrugs “I'm just saying first loves are pretty special”.

“I- what okay you're reaching now” Talia sputters a blush creeping up on her cheeks.

“Sure,” Lydia smiles. “Now we need some cute jeans” she grabs her hand, leading the way.

💿˖ ࣪‧₊˚໒꒱⋆✩

Talia walked the halls of school, tiredness etching at the girl. She hadn't been able to sleep last night, she hadn't had the slightest reason why.

She spoke to Mason by her locker, who was venting about Liam, saying he felt as if his best friend was keeping something from him.

“I'm sure if Liams keeping something from you it's for a good reason, he'll share it when he's ready” she gives him a light nudge “he's your best friend though and he loves you that's what matters”.

Mason smiles nodding “yeah your right”.

The boy eventually leaves to go to his next class while Talia looks through her locker for her missing English book.

The blonde eventually saw Liam. The beta had his head down as he didn't quite look himself.

Talia approached, speeding up her steps to catch up with the boy.

“Hey you okay Liam” he jolts up.

“Oh hey” he mutters.

Talia's brows knit “you good” she asks.