15. THE CHIMERA

-'CHAPTER 15´-
THE CHIMERA

Despite her protests, Liam and Talia sat on her room's floor as the beta cleaned the cut on her face. He gently cupped her cheek as he lightly dabbed it with a cloth.

“I can just heal myself” she points out softly, despite her protests she really didn't mind. Liam was so gentle with her, in a way that made her feel important. She also adored how focused he looked as he lightly chewed on his bottom lip, his brown hair messy in a cute way.

“You used a lot of magic” he counters “you can do it tomorrow for now. This will do”.

“Why do I always get hit in the face?” she mutters bitterly. “It's like the world wants me to lose my beauty”.

“You still look beautiful Talia” the boy remarks without much thought. His cheeks turn a rosey red once he realizes the words that left his mouth.

“Not that - I mean your” he stops when he hears her soft giggles. It gave Talia a sense of deja vu from their first meet. He looked similar as he smiled with a flustered expression.

“I'll take the flattery Dunbar," she mutters before moving her head to lean on his shoulder. A comfortable silence fills the two as he gently brings his arm around her, moving her closer to him. She leans into his chest, his soft scent of fresh soap comforting her. “Thanks for taking care of me” her voice was soft laced with drowsiness.

“Always” he muttered back.

✧˖°🌷📎⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

“I can smell your anger” Brett comments, glancing at the blonde who sat between him and Mason on the bleachers.

The trio watched as Liam missed a goalie, the beta practicing on the field with a few of his teammates.

“I just hate math,” she muttered bitterly.

Brett leans over, looking over her shoulder at the paper in her lap.

“Me and you both,” Mason comments.

Brett grabs the paper from her lap alongside her pencil, filling in her answers with ease.

“Okay how are you so good at that” she says.

He shrugs “my favorite subject”.

Mason and Talia share a look of disbelief.

“You benefit from it” he murmurs before handing her the paper her worksheet completed.

Talia smiles brightly “Your right, thank you Brett” she says sweetly.

The trio watches as Liam finally hits the goal.

Talia smiles in pride.

The trio chatter about school watching Liam continue to do well until a brunette boy runs out on the field.

“An inhaler, does anyone have an inhaler” he calls out of breath.

Talia perks up her mind going to one person. It seemed Liam's did too as he started running.

“I'll be back” Talia murmurs absent-mindedly as she leaves the two.

Mason looks at Brett with raised brows.

“Don't ask me” he shrugs unknowingly.

Talia ran through the halls, watching through the doorway as Liam spoke with Scott.

She watched as Scott finally used his inhaler, his slow breathing speeding up as he seemed to come back to consciousness. Talia sighed in relief.