9. GOODBYE

-'CHAPTER 9´-
GOODBYE

Derek jumped out of the car first before the sound of his scream rang through the air.

Stiles Talia and Liam were quick to jump out alongside Braeden, who blasted the Berserker. Talia ran to Derek, who was bleeding out a huge cut in his chest that ran deep.

Braeden helped the man sit up as blood leaked from his mouth. He heaved, and everyone stood watching helplessly as Peter and Malia joined from the other car.

Talia bent down, inspecting the deep cut.

“How bad is it?” Peter voices grimly.

“I'm fine, im fine. Just get to Scott” Derek huffs out of breath.

“Go” Derek says sternly.

Peter was the first to leave before everyone followed.

“Can you heal him?” Braeden asks softly, her voice filled with concern.

“I- I don't know, it's really deep” she mutters shakily. Talia didn't work much in the art of healing. While she could heal cuts and occasionally stop bleeding, she had never attempted something so deep.

Her hands were crimson red with Derek's blood, and the blonde tried to stop herself from panicking.

Derek grabbed her hands gently “save your magic for Scott” he says.

“Like hell” she mutters.

“I wasn't asking you” he groans, his face squinting in pain. “I was telling you”.

Talia didn't listen; she moved his hands away before putting hers to his wound. “You taught me not to give up on the people I love so I won't” she tells him.

His eyes softened at her words as she tried to heal his wound, she could see his face releasing of the pain as his wound started to heal, it was a slow process but she could see it working.

Braeden started to stand from behind her. Talia turned her head back to see the woman's mouth agape. Talia turned her focus on what Braeden was looking at only to see about four Berserkers and Kate Argent approaching. Talia's heart beat fast in her chest; she wouldn't be able to heal Derek in time, and he was already losing a lot of blood.

“Go” he muttered to her, but she didn't listen.

Braeden got out her shotgun, shooting one of the Berserkers repeatedly before her gun ran out of ammo. She dropped it, pulling out two small pistols.

“Help her please” Derek pleaded, his eyes soft. He looked as if he were going to lose consciousness.

“I'll kill you if you die on me, okay Derek, so just give me five minutes”.

He huffs amusingly “I'll give you four”.

Talia turned to Braeden, who was being held by her throat by a Berserker.

Talia immediately held her hand up, throwing the Berserker away from her. Another one came from her side; she barely dodged his hit before kicking it. It didn't really do much. She used more of her magic to throw him back, but she could feel herself getting weak.

Eventually, Braeden was pinned again, and while fighting, two Berserkers, Talia got hit, slashed right on her cheek as she fell to the ground. She heaved, looking at Derek, who lay unmoving, his eyes closed.

Kate approached the young witch as the Berserkers threw her to an injured Braeden.

“Talia” she spoke with fondness in her voice, a hint of sadness “Are you finally willing to join me, to avenge your sister”.