8. ANCHOR

-'CHAPTER 8'-
ANCHOR

Tonight was the rematch game against Devenford prep, Talia rubbed her cold hands together as she sat next to Mason, the two watching with attentive eyes at the game.

Talia muttered a quick word to Mason, telling her she would be right back as she quickly ran to Stiles and Liam, who were sitting on the bench.

"Scott's still not here" Stiles turns to her.

"We won't win without Scott" Liam mutters.

Stiles turns to him "yes we will, I've been practicing okay".

Talia raises a brow "Yeah I'm not quite sure how much that's worth".

Stiles gives her a look "I'm serious, now why don't you go and continue calling Scott". The blonde nods. "Goodluck" she mutters before leaving, giving Liam a soft smile he returns.

Once she's out of earshot, Stiles smacks him on the head. "Ow" the beta looks to the man, peeling his eyes off of Talia and her pretty figure.

"Stop looking at her like that" Stiles mutters bitterly.

"Like what".

"Like you wanna kiss her, that's my little sister okay".

"I don't look at her like that" Liam murmurs, his cheeks a small rosey red.

Stiles sighs in relief "thank god, I don't know what I'd do if you actually wanted to kiss her".

"I didn't say all that" Liam perks up "do you think she wants to kiss me too".

"Alright there is a thin line" Stiles uses his hands to speak "your crossing it buddy" he gives him a pat on the shoulder alongside a glare "Don't cross it".

Liam purses his lips "got it" though he had no intention of listening to the older boy. In fact, Liam hadn't thought much of what it would be like to kiss the blonde, his thoughts stirred, causing his cheeks to go a rosey red, and he pushed the thoughts far from his mind.

Talia took a seat next to Mason calling Scott for the hundredth time, but the boy didn't answer.

"Scott still not answering," Mason questioned.

Talia nodded, chewing on her bottom lip anxiously.

"I'm sure he's fine," Mason comforted.

The sound of a whistleblowing caused Talia to look back to the field. The Beacon Hills team, alongside Devenford prep, were running to the field, including Stiles and Liam without Scott.

Talia decided to push the boy from her mind, focusing on the game. The first few plays were rough, with Stiles getting destroyed about every play. Eventually, the boy walked back over to the bench finally getting a break. He took off his helmet, heaving for air, as his messy black hair was sweaty. He looked as if he were dying.

Talia cringed before the boy walked over to his father, muttering something. Talia watches closely as he looks through the crowd before finally stopping on her meeting her eye.

He points to his phone and then nods his head. The blonde understood what he was saying as she nodded. He was going to go find Scott. With the boy leaving, it was only Liam on the field Talia really cared for. She watched as he won the fight for the ball
Talia and Mason perk up each anticipating the next play.

Liam loses the ball much to their dismay. The play runs a bit longer until a player with the ball alongside a few teammates are running toward Liam. Mason and Talia shared a quick glance as Liam just stood there as if he had seen a ghost.