17. THE RESCUE

-'CHAPTER 17'-
THE RESCUE

Talia sat with Hayden on her left as she rubbed her groggy eyes.

Liam stood by the fence lightly, putting his finger to the gate only to get shocked once more. He winced back, shaking out his hand as he grunted in pain.

"We're not getting out of here" Zach murmurs grimly from his seat across the two girls.

"You could be a little more optimistic," Liam mutters as he takes a seat next to Talia.

"It's a little hard to stay optimistic after you've seen people get dragged out of here screaming almost everyday".

"What happened to them?" Liam inquired softly.

Zach pauses as sadness flashes in his eyes. "They were failures" he shrugs "that's all they said," he takes in a small breath "first you forget, don't know what your doing or who you are, then you get violent" he pauses as he sighs "I watched two of them almost kill each other, one of them had a nasty looking cut" his eyes flicker to Hayden "kinda like yours".

Hayden quickly pulled her shirt down as she had it lifted slightly to let her cut off wolfsbane breath. It had started to turn a shade of purple and black. She meets Talias eye, and the blonde tries to send her a reassuring look.

"Don't worry, black is okay" he reassures "it's when you start bleeding the other stuff, the silver, that's when you should worry".

"Mercury" Liam speaks up. Talia''s mind flickered to Tracy and the silver that spewed from her cut just before she died.

Zach nods, but Hayden doesn't seem comforted by the whole idea. Talia slipped her hand into the raven haired girls, trying to offer her the slightest bit of comfort. Hayden gives her a soft smile in return.

"That's when you really know you're a failure" Zach confirms.

"How many more failures are there supposed to be?" Liam questions.

"Who knows, but doesn't it make you wonder what the success is going to be, I mean, what are they turning us into, something with claws and fangs".

"Something with wings" Liam wonders out loud.

"Something worse" Hayden mutters.

The three lay each, letting their own thoughts consume them. Eventually the dark room only got darker as Talia got more and more tired feelings as if she couldn't keep her eyes open yet every small sound from the soft dripping of a leak on the ceiling to any movement made her jump. She eventually laid her head on Liam's shoulder, dozing in and out of sleep. Her thoughts wandered to Scott. She lightly wondered if the pack was even looking for them, and she condemned herself for even doubting they weren't. Scott would never leave her, and neither would Stiles and Lydia. They wouldn't leave Liam either.

The small glow of a light illuminated from the fence, and all four of the teenagers' eyes wandered to it. The light started flashing rapidly.

"Their coming" Zach spoke up in a fearful tone. "No," he muttered.

Talia turned to look at him to see silver pooling from his nose. "No" he shouted again louder as footsteps boomed. "Please" he pleaded as the dread-doctors made their way in.

"Help me, help me" he screamed as they dragged him away.

"No, stop" Liam gruffed, trying to sit up but simply feeling his body weak and tired.

Talia sat up trying to summon any magic she had, but it was useless as her body, much like Liams, was weak and in dire need of rest.

As quickly as they came, they disappeared alongside Zach's echoed screams. The spot he once sat felt deadly empty as a suffocating silence filled the three in the cold, empty room.

The trio all sat, eventually, each trying to drift off to sleep. Talia could hear Haydens soft groans of pains and Liam's droopy eyes that refused to close. The witch decided to eventually try to fall asleep too, but just as she was going to finally drift off footsteps pattered

She opened her eyes, sitting up alongside Liam and Hayden.

"There coming" Liam mumbles, standing. Talia follows in suit as she helps Hayden stand. Liam takes a small step in front of the two girls as they share a look of fear.

"Liam" a voice calls as the footsteps increase "Talia, Hayden".

"Theo" Liam tilts his head, and the boy approaches the fence.

"Wait" Liam yells just as Theo's hands graze the fence. The werewolf falls back groaning but quickly sits up. "I'm going to get you guys out of here" he huffs with a concerned face.

He approaches the fence slowly, this time taking a deep breath before gripping the metal. Electricity shoots through him with a flare, but he holds on using his other hand to tear the fence off.

Talia lets out a breath of relief as Theo helps the trio out. The air was cold, sending more shivers down her arms, Liam stayed close, making sure to wait for her as her steps were slower than the others.

Theo eventually leads them to his car, Hayden sleeping in the front seat next to Theo while Liam and Talia sit in the back.

Talia laid her head down on Liam's shoulder, closing her eyes.

"Are you feeling okay," he asks softly.

"Mhm" she murmurs back her tone on the edge of sleep "just tired".

Liam smiled at the sight of Talia. Her eyes were closed, and he was close enough to hear her soft breath. For once, she looked peaceful. She didn't seem scared, sad, or in pain. He admires her for a second, her rosey lips parted ever so slightly, and her wild, pretty blonde hair fell down her shoulders, a strand dusting her pale skin.

He gently moved the strand away from her face, giving a soft kiss on her head. It was the last thing she felt before she was fast asleep.

The blonde lightly woke in the arms of someone. She was aware she was being carried but was too tired to move. Her eyes fluttered open, only to be met with Liam's blue eyes.

"Go back to sleep" he murmured upon seeing her.

"Where are we going?" she slurred drowsiness, feeling like a drug.

"To Scott's" he replied.

That was all Talia needed before shutting her eyes again. She felt a small breeze as she was lightly aware she was inside, but Liam was warm enough to keep her from shivering.

She was eventually set down gently on a couch as she felt a body lay beside her. She opened her eyes once more, and Liam lay next to her, his pretty brown hair dusting his face. His eyes met hers.

They took comfort in each other, Talia studying his eyes, trying to mesmerize every shade that made up that lively blue.

Eventually, Talia fell asleep, unaware of the arms that wrapped around her or Hayden, who was fast asleep in the other room or of Scott and the rest of the pack as they arrived shortly

The older kids watched the two Stiles and Scott, both relieved their friends were safe.

"Thank you Theo" Scott smiles softly at the boy.

"Of course" Theo smiled back, but the small mischievous glint in his eyes went unnoticed by everyone.