14. WERE-SCORPION

-'CHAPTER 14´-
WERE-SCORPION

Tap. Tap. Tap. The pencil hit the table for what felt like the hundredth time a soft clinging sound erupting through the room.

“You know worrying won't make it go by any faster” Liam remarked softly.

“Nope but I can't really do anything else,” Talia muttered. Tap. Tap. One more tap before the pencil is gently pulled from her hands. The blonde looks up to see Liam, his soft baby blue eyes glued to hers, a small frown on his lips.

“You should get some sleep,” he muttered.

“I can't” she replied. Even with the drowsiness that flooded her veins and her droopy eyes, she couldn't sleep. Not when Lydia was in surgery. Not when she could lose another sister. “You know, when my sister was alive, Lydia was her best friend” she starts softly, her voice thick with emotion threatening to crack.

Liam looks at her attentively, listening to her words with care.

“When my sister died, Lydia was always there for me” Talia didn't have to look in a mirror to know her eyes were glassy “I can't lose her too”.

Liam takes a single step forward, pulling the blonde into his arms. The tears fall without her permission, but Liam holds her together. For once, Talia let it all out, her soft sobs filling the room, but it didn't phase the beta in the slightest he simply held her. “It'll be okay” he murmurs softly, and for some reason, she feels compelled to believe him.

The beta held the girl until she lifted her head from his shoulder, her eyes red and puffy. “Stay with me tonight,” she asked, her voice small.

“Always” he muttered. The two laid close together Talia leaning her head on his chest while his arms found her waist. Talia's thoughts were filled with worry for Lydia and lingering sadness for her sister but every once in a while, Liam's thumb would rub softly against her waist, reminding her she wasn't alone

ᥫ᭡𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅

Lydia accepted her hug with a small laugh. Liam had driven Talia to see her friend first thing in the morning, and Lydia was beyond happy to see the blonde. The two talked, Talia had even brought her some stuff from home, which Lydia was grateful for. Eventually, the blonde had left Liam dropping her off at the McCall's. Scott was out most likely with Kira, and Mellissa was taking a shift at the hospital, so Talia sat alone watching some tv. Talia enjoyed her alone time before she got a phone call, and she answered it upon seeing Mason's contact.

“What are you doing?” he asked, sounding excited.

Talia scrolled through the channels looking for something to watch “just watching tv, what about you”.

“Oh nothing” Mason spoke casually. A small shuffling on the line erupted, and Talia was immediately suspicious of the boy.

“What do you need?” she asked.

“Glad you're so eager to help me you and Liam nightclub you two are going to be my wingman and wingwoman” She could hear the smile in his voice.

“We're underage. How are we going to get in?” Talia asked, finally setting down the remote.

“Let me worry about that”.

“Look Mason-” she starts, but Mason interrupts before she can finish. “Pick you up in an hour”.

Talia huffed amusingly before hanging up.

ᥫ᭡𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒⋅˚₊‧ ୨୧ ‧₊˚ ⋅