Chapter Two- The Occtupus Incident

Before me and Zack get very far we run into a girl and a guy

The girl looks like she was going to explode from excitemnt,"Hi!!! I'm Addison, you must be my roommate Alissa Turner! I'm so excited to have a roommate, especially a girl one. Because then we can do our hair, nails, makeup, share clothes, go shopping, sit together at lunch....and look at cute boys!!!"

"Woah!" Zack and I say in unison.

"Catch ya later my dude," I say.

"See ya," Zack replies, and we fist bump.

Addison and I go into our room and I am about to go to the bathroom when she says, "Was he your boyfriend?"

"Uh...I...no. No, he's not."

"Ooh."

"He's my best friend," I say softly.

"So are you like not into girly stuff?"

"It depends on what it is. I'm a tomboy at heart but I can mix it up anything for my crush to notice me!"

"OOH, who is it?!"

"For now let's just say someone. Now, excuse me I have to go to the bathroom."

I get into the bathroom and belch loudly and manly like on purpose to prove a point, I finish in the bathroom and then walk out.

"Um, that was pretty gross."

"Yeah, sorry I belch when I'm...um pooping."

"You do that's kinda weird cause I talk a lot when I get nervous or sugar high."

"Hmm, I hadn't noticed," I mutter under my breath finding her annoying.

The next day I meet Zack and Cody on the sky deck, and Cody says, "My roommate can fart classic rock."

"Cool." me and Zack say in unison.

"You guys are nasty. Alissa, sometimes I think my disgusting brother took away your ability to be disgusted by nasty things. Like most girls would be."

"Since when are you sexist?" I ask.

"I was just trying to point out an obvious fact is all."

"Well, Ali, I like that you're not like the other girls," Zack says smirking at me and I blush, he's gotten so much cuter than I remembered.

"Oh, Zack, that was so sweet."

"Well, you do remind me of candy with your new style. Like cotton candy."

"Will you two stop? Alissa, what's your roommate like?" Cody asks.

"My roommate is like insanely annoying she talks non-stop!"

Neither of the boys get to answer me because a voice says, Attention students classroom time, will begin in five minutes.

Zack, Cody, and I make our way to the classroom which appears to be some Marine Biology room.  The teacher comes in and takes us on a tour I am about to follow when I hear, "Ooh, octopus let's feed it."

Zack, Woody, Cody, and some chick I don't know are looking at an octopus, "Zack, let's not get into trouble on the very first day. Please?"

Zack ignores me and it sort of hurts a little he never ignores me unless Maddie's around which will never happen again. Woody says, "Hey, let's break the glass with a hammer!"

"Yes!!" Zack says excitedly.

Woody picks up the octopus and gets inked throwing it to Zack, who gets inked, I catch it and get inked, and then the other girl throws it out the window.

"Why would you do that you crazy redheaded freak?" I snap

"My name's Bailey and it was an accident you 1980's freak!"

"Hey, hey back off my woman!" Zack snaps.

"I'm a scene queen."

"A what?" Bailey asks.

"Guys, what about the poor octopus suffering out there in the heat dying?" Cody asks.

"Shoot! The octopus!" I cry.

We lower Cody out the window to rescue the octopus but he gets attacked by seagulls and his pants fall down. We all laugh and Miss. Tutweiler comes back and scolds us for not following her earlier.

Later I hear a knock on my door and open it to find Bailey standing there.

"Hey, um, Alissa right?"

"Yeah...that's me. Can I help you?"

"Well, I came to apologize for earlier. And Zack told me your name by the way."

"For your information the only reason I called you that Bailey, was because I didn't know your name."

"Oh, me oh my, I'm so sorry I didn't think of that! I just hate redhead jokes."

"Well, if things are cool between us now, wanna hang out?" I ask.

"Sure. Because I have some things to ask you about your relationship with Zack."

"Um...ok," I reply softly. Checking that my makeup looks good so she can't see me blush at his name.

"I'm ready to go if you are," she says.

We walk out to the sky deck and find a place to sit down on the sky deck. 

"Are you interested in him or something?" I ask coldly.

"No, but I can tell you are. By how defensive you are right now."

"Sorry. If you can keep a secret I'll tell you one."

"I can keep a secret but I already know it."

"You do?!" I ask worriedly.

"Yes, Alissa, I know. Everyone knows about how much you love your best friend."

"Not everyone." 

"Are you sure that he doesn't know? Because from what I could tell he's very, into you."

"Maybe, but I'm nobody special. I'm just his best friend." I reply and get up to walk around.

I start to walk around and think that maybe there was something to what Bailey had said but I just couldn't see it. Because Zack never liked me before high school. Why would he now?