Chapter Twelve- Twin Sweet Sixteen

"Zack, do you think your parents will recognize me? You know with my style change and all?"

"I doubt it. My mom didn't recognize you in your scene queen look, she definitely won't notice you in girly clothes!"

"That's so mean Zack," Cody says defending me.

"I was just being honest babe, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"You didn't honest, Zack. I think Cody was just looking out for me."

"Yeah, I was," Cody says confirming it.

All of a sudden Kurt Martin enters into the lobby and hugs the boys, then says, "Is the pretty girl your girlfriend I hope Zack?"

"She is. But don't you recognize her dad?"

"Not really."

"Hi, Mr. Martin, it's Alissa Turner. I finally decided to be a real girl and dress more girly."

"Well, congratulations Alissa, and I'm glad my son chose you for his girlfriend."

"Me too Mr. Martin, but it took him years to notice his feelings for me!"

"Surprise boys and girl!" Carey says.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" the boys ask shocked.

"I came to see my boys for their sweet sixteen!"

"But this was supposed to be a boy's weekend," Kurt says.

"Well, I'm sorry I wrecked all the fun."

"You didn't Mom," Cody says coming over to give her a hug.

I give Zack a nudge and he goes over as well to hug his mom.

"Zack, who's the girl? She seems to have straightened you out a bit!" Carey teases.

"It's Alissa, mom she decided to dress like a girl and become my girlfriend!"

"See Alissa, I told you if you gave Zack some time he'd grow up and realize his feelings."

"Did everybody really know that Alissa liked me and I never noticed until high school? Was I really that stupid? Mom, why didn't you say anything?!"

"Yes, Zack, everybody knew except you. And I did say something to Alissa but just...not to you. Because I wanted you to realize your feelings for Alissa without my help, and it seems you did."

After the boys get their gifts on the sky deck I pull Zack aside and say, "Happy Sweet Sixteen smelly dork. I'm so glad you're mine."

"Am I a bad smelly dork?" Zack asks playfully.

"No, a handsome, amazing-smelling dork," I answer cupping his cheeks.

I run my thumbs across his faint spray of freckles and watch him blush, which rarely happens.

"I know it's rude to ask but Ali, what's your present for me?"

"I didn't know what to get you, Zack, so I just...I was hoping that...I could kiss you and that would be good enough."

"I'll take that gift anytime babe!" he says smiling brightly.

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him close to me then kiss him. 

This time something happened that was completely new to us both, I felt something pressing up against me as we kissed. And it wasn't just Zack's chest, it was farther down. Zack pulls away in obvious embarrassment and his face is really pink as he runs to the bathroom.

I find Carey talking to Cody and say, "Carey, I need some help with Zack's emotions. I think something happened to him...like puberty and raging hormones."

"Okay, Alissa, I think I understand what you're asking me. But let's go somewhere else."

"I will leave you two alone if you need me to." Cody offers.

"Thanks, Cody," I reply.

"What's the matter with Zack, is he hurting you?" Carey asks softly.

"No, we were kissing and he sort of started pressing into me with his lower half it was...like...hard down there. I'm confused and scared. And Zack gets embaressed his face turned pink and he ran to the bathroom."

"This is a little awkward to explain this to you since you're dating my son. But I understand why you're asking sweetie."

"I'm sorry Carey."

"Don't be your question; it is important to know the answer, too."

"Is he okay?"

"Yes, it's Zack's body reacting sexually to you kissing him. But did you say or do anything to lead up to it?"

"Well, I...just...sort of... pulled Zack aside and said, Happy Sweet Sixteen smelly dork. I'm so glad you're mine. He asked if he was a bad smelly dork. I said  No, a handsome, amazing-smelling dork and I cupped his cheeks. Then  I ran my thumbs across his faint spray of freckles and watched him blush, which rarely happens."

"Did you or him do anything or say anything else?"

"He said I know it's rude to ask but Ali, what's your present for me?"

"Of course he did Alissa, I apologize for my son's rudeness."

"Don't, apologize, Carey, it was cute because I told him I didn't know what to get him so I hoped a kiss would be an okay gift. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled  him close to me then kissed him."

"It sounds to me like you two were flirting a little and got a little intimate for a few seconds and Zack's body reacted. It's nothing to be scared of it's normal for it to happen, girls experience something similar but it's not noticeable to others only to us."

"Thank you for the advice and I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

"No, problem. And you can ask me questions anytime if you need to." Carey replies. 

I find Zack a little while later and he hugs me as soon as he sees me, "I'm sorry Ali, I think this whole hormone thing in me is going to be a problem for me now." 

"I don't mind Zackie. Can I call you that sometimes?"

"Not in front of my brother and our friends but just us then yes."

"I truly don't mind it because your body has the same feelings as mine it just expresses them differently." 

My boyfriend nuzzles my neck and then kisses me as my arms are around his neck. Our kiss was deeper this time than any previous kiss, but it felt amazing.