Chapter Six- The Player

Ever since Maddie and Zack had kissed my best friend became a different person, he started becoming more interested in talking to as many girls as he could. Always asking me or Cody for advice. I mostly stick with Cody, Bailey, Woody, and surprisingly my roommate Addison. And occasionally London.

"Alissa, how are you doing? You seem unlike yourself lately and I know why." Cody asks.

"I don't know Cody, I just thought things would be different now between Zack and I. But it's not."

"You know Alissa, if I was you I would..." Bailey is cut off by Zack walking up to us.

"Hey, guys, I got a hot date tonight. We're going to watch a movie and talk."

I suddenly lose my cool with Zack and say, "Go away none of us want to hear about your latest date that won't work out. Because you can't pick a girl! For all you know, the perfect girl could be right in front of you but you wouldn't know!" 

"Okay, then that's my cue to leave," Zack says uncomfortably. 

"So you were saying, Bailey?" I ask.

"Well, I was saying that maybe you should move on from Zack he clearly doesn't notice you, or have time to be your friend anymore."

"I don't know if I could do that to him."

"Alissa, I agree with Bailey on this. Even though Zack is my brother he's been a jerk to you ever since Maddie came on the ship and I don't think it's fair for you to be waiting on him to grow up." Cody adds.

I shrug my shoulders and say, "Maybe I don't know what I should do yet I'll give it some time."

I head to my cabin and find Addison there, she smiles and hugs me, "Hey, I saw what you did to Zack, and good for you dude! Girl power!"

"Wanna do my nails and listen to music?" 

"Sure."

Addison paints my nails pink and green with black stripes on the green, and I paint hers yellow and pink. 

"So how are you feeling now?" she asks.

"A little better but honestly still a bit sad."

"Well, how about you, me, Bailey, and London have a sleepover to help you." 

"That sounds awesome especially if we can get London to pay for nice stuff," I say.

"Should we invite Cody since he's kind of a girl?"

"Yeah, we should because he makes the best snacks!" 

Later that day we all get together for the sleepover except Cody who declines because he doesn't want to get into trouble. 

"So what's this sleepover thing for again?" London asks

"To cheer up Alissa," Bailey answers.

"Why are we cheering her up again?"

Bailey whispers to her and London loudly reminds me of why I'm sad.

"London, the whole point of me whispering was so Alissa didn't hear me. But now she just did."

"Sorry, I have a hard time keeping secrets," London admits.

"It's okay," I say softly.

After listening to music, makeovers, truth or dare, and a pillow fight I tell everyone I need a walk. I head out to the sky deck and just look out to the sea and take some deep breaths inhaling the ocean breeze.  

Suddenly startled when I hear some giggling behind the smoothie counter, I ignore it until I hear a familiar voice and body walk out with a girl. 

"You look like an angel tonight Mia, I'm..."

"Shut up Zack, just kiss me again."

"Of course anything for my hot babe girlfriend." 

I watch them kiss and try to hide as I cry so Zack doesn't see me, "Zack, do you hear crying?" 

"Not unless plants cry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I get dressed and find that Bailey and London are gone already but Addison opens the door from the bathroom and says, "Hey, I'm so sorry about what happened last night. Is there anything I can do to help you recover?"

"No, let's just go to class," I say.

Chapters will be getting better soon I promise especially the next one. Just bear with me.