Chapter Four- It's All Greek To Me

"I can't believe we only have two days in Athens. How are we going to fit in all the great museums?" Bailey says sadly.

"Easy we can get the bus driver to go 2,000 miles per hour," Cody replies.

I roll my eyes and look at Zack who smirks at me and says, "Or we could skip the museums entirely and just go to the beach!"

"Yeah, what Zack said. Museums are boring! Let's go to the beach."

Suddenly a weird noise comes from Cody's computer on the smoothie bar, and Zack says, "Uh, Cody, why do you have a giant nose screen saver?"

"That's Arwin calling."

I shove past everyone and say, "Uncle Arwin, hey! Back up your nose hairs look like a jungle."

"Hey, guys," he replies backing away from the camera.

"So you must be the famous Arwin," Bailey says coming up to the screen.

"Uncle Arwin, this is our friend Bailey. I don't suppose Zack or Cody mentioned her yet. Cause I have."

"Oh, I know you and Bailey are friends Alissa. But guess what Bailey, Cody sent me a nine-page email just about your hair. And Alissa, Zack sent me a two-page email about this girl he's really interested in. Though apparently, she doesn't have a name."

"What a surprise," I say sarcastically.

"Hey, hey, in my defense I at least know what she likes and how to make her laugh."

"That was a typo it was supposed to say Daily Bear it's a column...I write daily about bears!"

Me and Zack looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"So your mom told me you guys are going to Greece, to the Museum of Antiquities! Alissa and I have a cousin who works there, look him up. His name is Milos Hococopolus."

"Alright, uh, what's he like?" Zack asks.

"Uh, he's quirky, clumsy, awkward, nothing like me." Uncle Arwin replies and slowly begins to fall back in his chair.

"Here we go," I say with a laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day we are at the museum and the first thing that happens is of course Bailey and Cody geek out, "Wow, these statues are breathtaking!" Bailey comments.

Zack and I watch as London tells all the statues that she's prettier than all of them. I turn to Zack and whisper, "Too bad the statues don't know she's talking to them. Because if they screamed at her back I think she'd freak out."

"Yeah, especially if they made fun of how she's dressed or how she looks," Zack whispers back.

We both laugh and then walk up to one of the statues, "You know in a place like this you'd think they could at least afford statues with arms."

"Zack, they're thousands of years old," Cody replies coming out of nowhere.

I roll my eyes and walk away with Zack.

We look around at the exhibits and stuff then finally overhear someone from the museum talking, "Tomorrow we will be unveiling a new exhibit, generously donated by Mr. Tipton."

"My daddy!" London announces excitedly.

"It will feature the recently unearthed amulet of Aphrodite."

We finish listening and then walk around until we see a janitorial man.

"Do you think that's my cousin?" I ask Zack and Cody.

Bailey wasn't with us because she got asked on a date by one of the tour guides she thought was cute.

"He could be. Let's go find out." Cody says.

"Are you Milos? Arwin's cousin?" I ask.

"I am. And you must be Alissa Turner! Arwin told me you would be coming to Greece."

"Yeah, Uncle Arwin, can't keep secrets very well."

"Is there a gift shop?" Cody asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"There's this girl I'm trying to impress!"

"Ooh come follow me. The souvenir replica of the amulet of Aphrodite. And your beloved will be the first to have it because they are not on sale yet." Milos says showing it to Cody.

"Cool," Cody says.

"Uh, I'll be back in a few minutes I have to go to the bathroom," Zack says.

Later back on the ship, I head to my room to relax with a book when I sit down with my book, a knock startles me.

"Come in."

Zack walks in and says, "Are we alone? Or is your scary roommate here?"

"We're alone."

"Well, I got you something. On my way back from the bathroom I found the gift shop."

I smile and say, "Oh, Zack, you didn't have to get me anything more. I already have so much from you as it is because of that Hot Topic order."

"I know you do but I saw it and I thought of you. It's probably not your style though," he tells me as he hands me a little bag.

I open the bag and pull out a beautiful shell necklace

"Zack, it's beautiful I love it so much!" I say throwing my arms around him

He seemed taken aback by my hug but he hugs back awkwardly.

"I'm so glad you like it Ali, I was so scared you wouldn't."

"Well, I do and thank you." 

Me and my best friend hang out in the game room the rest of the door until Moseby finds out and kicks us out.