year 3 pt. 2

𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟑

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

"What, are you serious?" the blond boy asked, a broad smile on his face.

"Yes, JJ I'm serious, but you have to promise me you won't tell anyone. Not even Dumbledore, if anyone finds out, I will probably be kicked out of school immediately." Lupin told them.

"Yeah, okay I swear I won't tell anyone." JJ said, the smile didn't leave his face.

"Uhm professor, how are we going to do it unnoticed?" asked the curly-haired girl.

"Kiara, I've got something for that." Lupin said, he turned to get something from his bag. The four friends looked curiously at what Lupin had in his hands. Lupin turned again and showed what looked like a blotted-out paper to the four, but before he could say anything about it, the blond boy snatched it out of his hands.

"What is this rubbish?" said JJ, his eyes flicking from the paper in his hands to the teacher in front of him.

"Rubbish?" scoffed Lupin, causing all the four to look at him confused. He had a small smile on his face.

"What do you mean? It's just a piece of paper, what do you want us to do with it?" Pope asked.

"Well Pope, this isn't just a piece of paper." Lupin told the boy.

"Then what is it?" asked the wavy-haired boy, raising his eyebrows.

Lupin ignored the boy's question, instead pointing his wand at the paper in the blond boy's hands.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." exclaimed Lupin.

Four pairs of eyes went from Lupin to the map, eyes wide when they saw the paper turn into JJ's hands. Three words appeared on the paper "The Marauder's Map."

"What is the Marauder's Map?" "Who are the Marauders?" JJ and Kiara asked at the same moment.

"Okay, chill guys." soothed Lupin.

"The Marauders, are me and some childhood friends, Sirius, Heather, Tonks and me. We called ourselves the Marauders." Lupin explained.

"When you say Heather, do you mean my mother?" asked the blonde.

"Yeah, Tonks and Heather both were in the hufflepuff house, they were best friends. Then Sirius and I met them and it clicked right away. Then later your parents joined." he said, pointing to the Heyward and Routledge boy, when he told them about their parents.

"I still don't understand professor, what does this map do?" the Heyward boy asked.

"Open it."

They did what he asked, they unfolded the map and looked with wide eyes at what was on it.

"Is this Hogwarts?" Kiara asked, looking up from the map to look into Lupin's eyes.

"It is and take a look here." he said and pointed to a spot on the map. The four looked at the spot where Lupin's finger pointed, they saw footsteps moving back and forth and above the footsteps was the name "Albus Dumbledore."