year 4 pt.2

𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟒

 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

"I'm going after him." Without uttering another single word, the girl rose and headed in the same direction as the blond boy, leaving the two boys behind. She glimpsed the blonde locks disappear into the throng of students in the hallways, only to spot him once more as he made his way up the stairwells toward the Gryffindor common room.

She hastened her pace, hoping to intercept him before he vanished into the boys' dormitory. However, it was too late, she could only watch as the blond boy disappeared behind the closing door, shutting her out.

She climbed the steps to the boys' dormitory, entering without hesitation. Her eyes scanned the room, searching for the boy until they landed on him, seated with his back to her.

"JJ." she called out for him, her voice soft. As she approached him, JJ remained seated with his back turned. When Kiara positioned herself beside him, he let his head hang, avoiding any potential contact with the girl.

"JJ." she tried again. Seated beside him, she gently placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. However, when he flinched, she withdrew it instantly, respecting his boundaries.

"What are you doing here, Kiara?" he muttered. "This is the boys' dorm."

"I know, I just wanted to talk to you." she said to him. She attempted to make eye contact, but his gaze remained averted. "Please JJ, let me in. You know you can always talk to me about anything, even your father." she whispered. She gently placed her hand on his knee again, and this time he allowed it, finding comfort in her touch.

Finally, he lifted his gaze to meet hers, revealing his red and watery eyes. Kiara could only respond by enveloping him in her arms. As JJ buried his nose in her curls, his sobs resonated in her ears, causing Kiara to hold him even tighter.

As they pulled away, JJ wiped away the last tears trickling down his cheeks and murmured a "sorry." Kiara simply shook her head, assuring him he had nothing to apologize for.

"Thank you." He spoke, breaking the brief silence that was punctuated by a few more sobs from the boy. "Kinda needed it."

"No problem." she smiled, she observed his trembling hands in his lap and without hesitation, she took them into hers. Gently caressing her thumb over his knuckles, she sought to offer him comfort in the moment."You want to talk about it?"

JJ took a deep breath and then nodded. "I know he wasn't the best father, you know." he began, as his eyes filled with tears again, but JJ quickly blinked them away before they could trickle down his cheeks.

"I just never thought he had this in him." JJ whispered, through a sob. He looked at her when he received no response. He was met with a sad expression from the girl, though hidden beneath the sadness was a hint of confusion. "You don't know what he did, do you?"

Kiara shook her head. "I just saw header of the article."

"Then are you sure you want to know what he did?" he asked her, squeezing her hand gently.

"I told you you could tell everything, so yes JJ."

"He killed people." began JJ, he watched Kiara's brown eyes widen. "He uhm-" he cut himself off, running his free hand through his hair.