Chapter 7: Confidence

Mangle looked in the small showtime mirror in Kid's Cove and brushed her hair.
"Tomorrow." She whispered as she grinned.
"I wonder what Foxy has planned.... He's always so sneaky." She giggled. Mangle got up and peeked her head out the cove. She looked around to see if Fred was there, mind him telling her to stay in the cove and not come out. She swooped her head around back and forth a couple times, then quietly snuck out of the cove. She tip-toed as quiet as a mouse, making little footsteps with the occasional creaking of the floors.
"Hello? Hi." Mangle stopped in her tracks and turned on her heels. What stood in front of her was a little child with a sign and balloons in his hand. Mangle smiled and bent down.
"Why hello there, young fellow. Are you lost? Are you looking for her mother?" The child shook his head and put his arm with the balloons out in front of Mangle.
"For me? Oh shucks...." She blushed. Mangle took the balloon and smiled. The child smiled and started to have a blush creep up his face.
"Are you shy? Don't be. I'm Mangle." She smiled. The child looked at Mangle then whispered slightly.
"I-I'm the Balloon Boy.... All the Toys hate me so I just became silent, Ya know." Mangle felt bad for him.
"Oh... You poor thing... Ya know, I'm the same way, until I found someone going through the same thing. Maybe you can find yours." She grinned. The boy looked at her then hugged Mangle.
"Will you be mine, then...?" He asked. Mangle smiled and hugged back.
"Of course." The Balloon Boy nodded.
"Please Miss Mangle, take me away. Anywhere but this place. The only one that really cares is Mari, and he doesn't have much time for me. Please." He begged. Mangle hugged him and patted his back.
"I'll be your friend, and I'll never forget you." Mangle then looked away from The Balloon Boy and at the clock.
"Oh fiddle sticks! I'm going to be late! I must go!" She exclaimed.
"Alright now, take care, Miss Mangle. Bye!" He waved. Mangle waved back and ran off towards the back room. She stopped at the door that was labeled the infamous, "Parts and service". Mangle huffed and knocked on the door. No one answered. She once knocked again. No a single movement.
"Huh. I could've swore that Foxy would be here-" Before Mangle could finish her sentence, something pulled her in. The room was dimly lit, but still visible. It was so entry and death like, with the worn out Freddy Fazbear suits that were once a thing, glowing onstage with pride. Mangle's thoughts were interrupted then by rough footsteps.
"Huh? W-who's there...? S-show yourself! I'm not afraid!"
"Oh but no, Miss Mangle. Ye are very afraid." Said a gruff voice. Mangle jumped back in fright and turned on the light. Foxy stood at the door with a smirk on his face.
"Wha- what was that for-"
"Lesson one; don't ask who Yer opponent ye are facin' is." Mangle stared at him in disbelief then took a deep breath and smiled.
"At least I now know it's you, Captain." She huffed.
"Aye, but what if it wasn't me? Say.... And infested purple fiend or a gay dope bear person?" He asked. Mangle crossed her arms.
"What are you getting at? More importantly, why am I here?" She asked.
"Tonight, I will teach ye t' stick up fer yerself so ye can be less scared of t' world and its dangers." He said as Mangle pouted.
"But I can already do that!" She said. Foxy looked around the room for a minute then pick up Freddy's hat.
"Alright. Think fast-!"
"What-" Foxy threw the hat at Mangle's face before she could catch it in time.
"Hey! That hurt..."
"Well next time it wouldn't hurt if ye listened and weren't so stubborn." Foxy grinned.
"Fine. I'll listen." She huffed.
"Great. Now let's get started."

A few hours passed, and Mangle had to admit in the end, she really did have fun. Foxy would sometimes act as the so called "bad guy" and use double eye patches to look like a goofy bad guy. He would say things like, "It's me!" or "I'm gonna get'cha!" And every time he would do that, Mangle would either squeal, laugh, or act tougher, which Foxy would respond with a pleased look.
"Ye done good, Mangle. Now um.... I want ye to THINK FAST-" Foxy took off his hook and threw it at Mangle. Without even looking, she quickly caught it, no problem. Foxy was blown away.
"Quite impressive, Miss Mangle. Ye've done fantastic. Now I shall set ye free in t' dangerous world where thar be infested purple fiends and gay dope bear people!" He roared, followed by a pirate cackle.
"Goodnight Foxy." She smiled.
"Goodnight, Toy. T'at be Yer knew nickname." Foxy grinned.
"Aye, Captain. T' deed is done."