Echo(!)

It's a gloomy Wednesday night. The huge house owned by my ruthless wife is completely illuminated by bright lightings and fancy-lamps, only having seen them in movies when I was growing up. The house is decorated with elegant paintings, ones that I believe have been bought at an auction by paying top dollar. The house is eerily quiet, except the kitchen.

The chopped garlic makes a sizzling sound as it makes contact with the oil in the pan, and its rich scent fills up the spacious kitchen and wafts, making its way across the living room and tries to make its way across the house, as I add onions on top of it before sautéing it for a while until they turn brownish. My eyes seem heavy today, with dark eyebags decorating them as I've been overworked to hell. I woke up this morning to my wife's insults, and I had to cook her brekkie, before packing her lunchbox. She ate the breakfast in a grumpy manner, and pointed a finger at my hair, which I guess is getting too long for her liking.

"Get that mophead rag on top of yours cleaned today! I don't want my husband to look like some homeless bastard I swooped off the street, you hear me?!?"
"Y-Yes,honeybug"
Honeybug. I remember I gave her that sweet pet-name during the time we were dating. She, in turn started calling me Honeybee. It's been 1 whole year of marriage that I've not heard that sweet pet name of mine come out of her mouth. The only thing that I reminisce is her hurling abuses before downing her fried egg and toast before leaving for work and her turning around to give me a flying-kiss.

My eyes gaze down at the pot below me. I'm almost done finishing up the vegetable stew. I just have to let it boil for 10 minutes or so before it brings out the flavor from all the veggies in it.
I take a frustrated sigh and close my eyes as I start to wonder what went wrong with my life to be met with such a depressing period of my life. My thoughts are interrupted by a loud banging on the main front door.

"OPEN UP!! IM HOME!!~"
I hear Anita's muffled shouting. The main door is quite far away from the kitchen, yet the banging of the door echoes throughout the house and my eyes are jolted suddenly awake by this. I gulp and I put a glass cover over the pot before tiptoeing to the entrance. My hands shiver as I reach for the door.