Separate

Skye was missing the team especially after Chase left for no reason, Skye just wishes she could see Chase one more time. Skye grabbed the garbage and headed out the door and threw the garbage into the can, when the bag went into the can a yelp came from the can. Skye rushed to the garbage can and knocked it over and what fell out was a little older Chase with a couple of scratches on his legs.

"Chase?!" Skye said, amazed to see her old teammate alive.

Chase backed away from Skye and ran into the streets hoping Skye wouldn't follow but Skye followed Chase. As Chase was in the park and thinking he lost Skye he didn't, Skye was hiding under a bench, but a couple of seconds later a man in a black furry jacket came by.

"Do you have the security codes?" the man asked, Chase.

"Yes, Rep wanted me to give them to your boss personally" Chase said.

"Surely Rep could let me give it to him, after all we did give him that paw" the man said.

"No, he doesn't trust anyone, neither do I" Chase said.

"Not even those pups" the man said.

"That is different, now I think your boss wants these codes" Chase said.

"Of course" the man said, as he led Chase to a tan SUV.

Skye followed the SUV to a building that said, "Bear Corporation", (I didn't have a good enough idea) after a few hours some military people came into the building through the doors, roof, and windows. When many of the men came out the building exploded and someone jumped out a high window as the building blew up. As many of the people left Skye saw a man pay Chase 100 grand, as the man left Chase saw Skye and moved along, Skye ran to catch up with Chase.

"What are you doing here?" Skye asked, the annoyed shepherd.

"I was just finishing up, but now I'm gone" Chase said.

"Where have you been?" Skye asked the shepherd.

"I was...in the shady part of the city" Chase said.

"Doing what?" Skye questioned.

"Mainly doing some depts for Rubble" Chase said.

"Rubble got in trouble" Skye said.

"He got blackmailed for something he didn't do, and I paid the price for helping him" Chase said, in a saddened tone.

Skye was shocked to hear someone would do something like that to Rubble, but in the corner of Skye's eye she saw a glove on Chase's paw.

"What's that" Skye asked, the shepherd.

"Nothing" Chase said.

"Well maybe we could talk at my place" Skye said.

"Sure...if it's not too much trouble?" Chase said.

As Chase and Skye got inside Chase looked a bit worried like he was being watched or hunted, Skye got some food for Chase. Skye placed the bowl in front of Chase and Chase sniffed the food and had a tiny nibble then ate some more food.

"Looks like you were quite hungry" Skye said.

"I haven't had food in a day" Chase said.

"Wow...but what happened to your paw?" Skye said.

Chase didn't say anything but just held in a whine, Skye looked at the time and saw that it was time for bed. Skye setted up a bed for Chase just about when he finished eating, Chase got setted up for bed as Skye wished him good night.

"Goodnight, Skye" Chase said.

"Goodnight, Chase" Skye said.

When Skye woke up the next day she ran to check if Chase was on the couch sleeping and thankfully he was sleeping where Skye left him. After finishing making some pancakes Skye was halfway to where Chase was when she heard some whining.

"I'm sorry...I had to...please...AHHH!" Chase mumbled.

"Chase! Are you ok?" Skye asked, in a worried tone.

"I just had a nightmare of what would happen if I went back to the team" Chase said, calming down a bit.

"Chase, can you please stop hiding your paw?" Skye asked the shepherd.

"The mark is too dark" Chase said.

"I might help" Skye said.

"I doubt you can" Chase said.

Skye just gave Chase a glare and Chase removed the glove on his paw and what it revealed scared Skye. The glove covering Chase's paw was a machine paw that moved when Chase wanted it to, Skye came closer to the machine paw and touched it, missing what was there before.

"What happened?" Skye asked the shepherd.

"During a mission I had to blow up TNT but my paw was caught in the blast" Chase said.

"Chase, I'll try to get you back into the Paw Patrol" Skye said.

"Skye, let me take some time then I'll come back" Chase said.

"Sure, (nuzzles Chase) I missed you" Skye said.

"I missed you too" Chase said.