cruel summer

chapter one:cruel summer

chapter one:
cruel summer

1985
SUMMER BREAK

SUMMER CAN BE CRUEL, but summer can be filled of love. it depends if you have someone to spend the summer with. it's almost been a year since the events at the lab. ever since then, life has been great to the people at hawkins. no demogorgans, no hawkins lab, no having to hide from the bad people. there is love in the air at hawkins, anywhere you walked you see LOVE.

"i can't wait till we see each other again."
maria said on the other line of the phone.

"soon. i promise we'll see each other. time goes by so fast that before you know it, i am at your doorstep with a bouquet of flowers." axel smiled through the phone.

maria giggles.
"i miss you."

"i miss, you."

"no, i miss you more."

"no, i miss you so much more."

"i miss you to the moon and back."

"no, i-"

hopper snatches the phone off axel's ear and
hangs it up. "zip it!"

hopper is just done with everyone being in love. i mean, he has deal to with axel always on the phone with maria talking about when they'll see each other again, and planning their meet. then, he has to go back home and deal with el and mike secretly making out in her room.

✮ ✮ ✮

HE WAS GRUMPILY eating his tostitos chips as he watches the tv and listening to the loud music playing from el's room. he notices el and mike being awfully quiet...he leans his recliner chair back to get a look at what's going on in the room, through the slightly open door. he continues leaning back further, and sees el and mike making out.

"hey!"
hopper calls out.

el gasps, and slams the door.

"hey!" he puts his snacks to the side. "three-inch minimum!" hopper gets off his recliner chair. "leave the door open three inches!" hopper tries opening the door, but it was locked. "el..." he bangs the door. "open this door." he continuous moving the door knob. "open the-" he opens it only to see mike and el on the bed reading magazines.

"what's wrong?"
mike smirked.

hopper disliked mike only because he always comes over, and just makes out with his daughter. it bugs him how he has deal with axel's summer love at work, and el's at home. but, you think that's the worst part about being a parent to kids? imagine being the older brother who gets constant phone calls on their little sister's behavior at camp.