run, hide, fight! (3)

chapter seven:run, hide, fight! (3)

chapter seven:
run, hide, fight! (3)

UNKNOWN TIME
BAUMAN'S HOME

"TWO MINUTES, JIM." murray orders. "it's a secure line, but any longer than that and they could trace you."

"yeah, i want 'em to trace me."
hopper says.

"what?"
murray questions.

"he wants all of us to die is what he meant to say,"
scott says.

hopper hears the phone ringing and waits till someone picks up. "philadelphia public library." a man answers.

"uh...this is jim hopper...uh...police chief, hawkins."
hopper stutters between his words.

"why would you give your identity?!"
axel whisper yells.

"i got this number from dr. sam owens."
hopper says through the phone.

"what's your identification code?"
the man says.

"identification code?"
hopper questions.

"you don't know it?!"
joyce whisper yells.

"you must be joking."
murray whispers.

"oh, no, no, no. i got it. i got." he chuckles. "i got it." he pulls out his wallet and looks for a piece of paper.

"you wrote it down and kept it in your wallet?!"
murray whisper yells. hopper waves him away as murray signals him that his two minutes are running out.

"antique chariot. listen...um, tell owens that the russkies are opening the gate. now, he'll know what that means. not about the russkies, but about the gate. tell him that there's an entrance at starcourt mall." hopper says. "i know how to get in, but i need backup, a lot of back. have him call me back here..."murray starts waving at him to not exchange his number to some random. "at 618-625-8313." hopper ends.

"your message will be relayed." the man says and hangs up as hopper walks away from them.

"so, now what?"
joyce questions.

"now, we, uh..." hopper pulls out a cigarette. "we wait," he says as he says himself on the couch.

maria walks angrily to hopper as she slaps the cigarette off his lips. "what the hell was that?! you want my family dead or something!? you just gave our number away without knowing who's on the other line!" she yelled.