getaway car (2)

chapter six:getaway car (2)

chapter six:
getaway car (2)

DAY TIME
MIKE'S BASEMENT

TARA DIDN'T WANT TO BE ALONE not after what happened at the community pool. so, the teens and she planned a sleepover. they all bunched up in the basement and created a comfortable space. but tara couldn't sleep at all last night without having the image of matt in her head. she kept on getting nightmares from last night. anytime she heard a noise, she'd wake up frightened while max comforted tara letting her know it was just the wind. she was too afraid to sleep that night. she couldn't erase the nightmare out of her head.

the next morning the teens went down to the basement to find out where hopper, axel, joyce, and scott were.

"i'm going to lay my head down for a bit."
tara softly spoke while everyone nodded their heads.

"i wish this was all fake,"
lucas said as everyone stared at tara from across the room. she was sitting at a desk in a corner of mike's basement. she wasn't napping, she just stared at a wall while thoughts were running through her head.

out of all the people in hawkins why matt? as the new host. he was so nice, he never did a bad thing in his life. what did he do to deserve this? neither did will. will was only a kid, why him? why them? why was dad brutally killed? why did they take mom? why my family? why is my family cursed? why hawkins?

so many questions were running through her head, that it made tara get a headache. she winced in pain. everyone was too distracted by finding a blindfold for el that no one noticed, but mike.

he turned to the others before walking to tara. "are you okay?" mike whispered.

"yeah, i just got a horrible headache,"
tara answers as she rubs her forehead.

mike turns again, they're still distracted.
"why don't you find my mom, she can give you medicine."

tara looks at the squad,
"what about them? they'll panic if i tell them about a headache. at this point, they'll think some small headache is a symptom of some creature trying to control me."

"don't worry, i got it,"
he says as she slowly walks up the stairs and goes out to find mrs. wheeler.

max finds the blindfold and is about to announce it, but she notices tara is gone. "where is tara?" she questions. "where did she go?" everyone turns, and sees the panicked look on max's face.