Deal With The Devil

***Image of Ryan***

I was late. I was supposed to be up by 7 am. However, my phone had decided to go OFF on my first day of work. I woke up around 8 past 10, too late for my routine. 

I ran towards the bathroom, took a quick shower, and fetched the first pair of clothes I saw in my closet. It was nothing fancy but a simple white shirt with cute grey pants which had a bow in the belt area. I paired it with my white ankle strap heels. I didn't have time to do the complete make-up, but I still used my lip gloss and mascara to at least look presentable. 

(For imagination)

(For imagination)

I ran towards the door after taking my stuff from the table. It was a ten-minute walk to the publishing house, but I almost ran and managed to get in just in time. I went to the reception. 

There was a beautiful blonde woman in her early thirties "Good morning." I read her name from her ID card, It said Hailey Williams. 

"Hailey, I am Mehek Sharma, I am joining Yellow productions from today as a content writer. Could you guide me with the HR department? I'm supposed to see Linda at nine sharp."

She kept staring at me for longer than usual, and a moment later, her expression changed, as if she remembered something she had forgotten.

"Dear, we have been waiting to see you. How are you doing?" She asked.

"Fantastic, all geared up for my new job!" I exclaimed, really feeling the enthusiasm in my voice.

"That's great Mehek, I'll show you the way to Linda's cabin."

She then routed me to Linda's cabin. It was the first cabin on the right side on the second floor, beside the staircase. I decided to climb the stairs, really hating myself for not being able to spare some time for fitness and all. 

Climbing two floors, I was standing in front of Linda's cabin. I knocked on her door twice before getting in. She was a red-haired woman in her early forties. She had big fancy glasses, perfectly manicured nails, and her attire suited her personality.