Little things

It was a nice morning in January in NYC

It was a nice morning in January in NYC. We were nearing the end of month and I started adjusting to my new life here. I woke up before my alarm went off and decided to take a walk. I got dressed and started walking towards the park. Once I was there, I tried to relax a little. Eliminating the stress, I decided to start with light jogging. As I was resuming my scheduled workout soon, it'll be good to warm up my body a bit. Plugging in my air pods, I selected the random play option on my playlist. It was all going great, until that song started playing.

Flashback
October 2013

"No Maya, please don't." I shouted, gripping Mayank's shoulder tightly.

"Don't be scared, Mahi." Mayank said, gripping my hands.

"Ahhhhh!" I started shouting.

"Stop it Mahi, you are making me nervous now." He said.

"Do you guys know how you both sound right now?" It was Rahul this time.

"Uhh-hahaha" I started blushing on his comment after re-running our conversation in my mind.

It was Rahul's birthday party. And yes, Rahul and Shivani were dating, we had managed to get them together on our college outing. It was Mayank's plan to leave them alone in the hut and lock the door. That's where the conversation started, and they started liking each other, resulting in both getting lovey-dovey now. Ah, me shredding my fake tears. But I always shipped them together.

We were drunk. Well, I was drunk and I guess Mayank was tipsy. We were given a dare, by Rahul, obviously... We needed to perform a slow song. I could dance very well, but my partner Maya kept stepping on my legs. We were supposed to do a lift but while practicing, he kept stepping on my shoes. And I landed straight on my butt. Hence, the awkward conversation. I don't think we can do this.

"Wait up, look at me Mahi. You just look at me and try to follow the steps. I promise I'll be careful this time. Trust me." Mayank said.

"C'mon you guys, we don't have all day. Shivani here is going to give me lap dance next." Rahul said, and yes he was so drunk he won't be able to understand any of this tomorrow morning.

"SHUT UP Rahul!!!" Shivani exclaimed, hiding her face in her hands. While everyone started oohing.

"I guess I don't have a choice." I chuckled looking at Shivani, and then focusing my attention at Mayank, who was already staring at me. As usual, he quickly changed his expression and covered it up with his smile. He was scrolling something on his phone when his face lit up. I was trying to peep on his phone when he moved.

"I have the song. Let's start." He said, coming close and grabbing my waist. Both of my hands rested on his shoulders.

"Rahul, play on the count of three." He said, throwing his phone towards Rahul. I nearly gasped. It was his latest iPhone. It could have cost him a lot. And knowing Rahul, he was drunk but he caught it very easily. Ahhh Boys!