Something's Missing

(Image of Mohit)

It's been a week since he dropped me home

It's been a week since he dropped me home. A week since he left me. He went on a business trip and will return soon. That's what I heard from the staff. My days were passing by quickly and easily. I was happier than before. Absence of Mayank was working as a remedy for me. Perhaps, something was missing.

After he left that day, I was left with nothing but reasons. He kept his card on my bedside table along with the prescription and asked me to call him if I needed him. Why would I? Didn't he hate me enough? Why is he being my knight in shining armor now, especially when I didn't ask him? What happened to all his hatred? How can I ever forget what he did to me?

I calmed myself down, gulping the water kept in front of me. I was writing my first article. I finished it and quickly marched towards Ryan. When he read the article, he could do nothing but smile at me. Yes, I wrote the story of his parents. I was so moved by it that I couldn't even think of anything else. As he was the senior writer, he instantly approved my work, and it was directly sent to the publishing department.

My phone beeped next minute, it was a missed call from an unknown number. I decided to ignore it when it rang again. I quickly accepted the call, excusing myself.

"Hello"

"It's me." It was him. But why is he calling me?

"Yes. What is it?" I was rude. But I had no reason to be pleased with him.

"I was just asking if you got those tests completed, those mentioned in the prescription."

"No." I answered, already knowing what he wanted to hear.

"Why not? Did you not read what is written?"

Why was he suddenly concerned about me after years of dumping me and sleeping with other people huh? What a bloody fake person!

"I already know that I have severe depression. I saw a therapist for a year last year and have given the details to Martha. About my fever, I'm still alive." I said harshly, I hadn't intended on this being so rude, but it happened. I don't know why I was getting so annoyed by him.

"I uh jus...just wanted to keep a check on you as you work for YP, nothing else." He said as if it was nothing and disconnected the call.

And with that instant, my mind was fucked up again.

_________________________