Where There Is A Will, There Is A Way...

January 2022 Mehek's POV

January 2022
Mehek's POV

Sometimes, all you need is time. Time to run away, time to leave the situation, time to forget how bad you have been broken...Time.

Sitting in my A2 seat after checking my ticket for the umpteenth time, I glanced at the ticket in my hand. I don't know how long I have been holding it. 'Mumbai to New York' my ticket read. Living this day was my dream, my life, and everything I have ever wanted. I am leaving for NYC to start my dream job as a content writer. I have been dreaming of this day since I was a little girl, but why can't I feel it? Why the hell am I not able to feel it? Why can't I at least smile?

Tears started blurring my vision,I cried till all I could hear was the sound of an air hostess explaining and demonstratingsafety procedures while the airplane was flying. I kept staring at her, and everything after that was hazy. I need to get some sleep. I haven't slept properly in a few days now. It's going to be almost a sixteen-hour non-stop flight, a long time to be not thinking about him. HIM...

Flashback

July 2012

"Are you excited? I know you are," asked Mayank.

"Stop asking questions that you already know the answers to, I know this could be a little over the top, but you know I rock when I am nervous or excited." I told him with a big smile plastered on my face while we walked hand in hand in our new college for our junior year. St. Tessa's had been on my bucket list at the very top so I managed to work my butt off to get a score as good as 89% to secure a seat. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm not a fancy or studious learner, but I can do anything when I make up my mind.

On the other is my Bestie, Mayank Singh, the funniest guy I have ever met. We have been friends since he didn't know how to spell his name... You got the point, right? He loves to play cricket...now which boy doesn't? He has solely cracked the admissions in this college through sports quota and his dad. He is the trustee of this college and one of the most influential personalities of our neighborhood. He inherited his good looks from his mother and grandmother. He is six feet tall, with a fair complexion, pointed nose, sharp brown eyes, the perfect jawline, and always has a 5 o'clock shadow. I wonder how his barber manages to get it just right every time.... The bell rang, breaking off my stance of thoughts.

"Ohh yes, you do," he said.

Hurrying to our class, we sat side by side. It was an average-sized room, neither too big nor too small. Mayank knew that I liked window seats. Isn't that why you board the train, hurrying inside fast or why you always want to be the first one in class? I was that kind of person, I wanted to live each part of it. Maya knew this well, so he always ran inside the classroom and selected the best seat for us. 'Maya' that's what I like to call him, though he gets pissed off when I call him that. I like him at times, but not in a romantic way. I wanted to explore, dream, live, and have the freedom of living my life my way. I wanted to go to New York City and become a successful content writer. The Professor walked in, interrupting my thoughts for the second time that day.