Striking Again

The past few weeks have been a blur

The past few weeks have been a blur. I have been very busy focusing my attention on expanding the business. YP not only has branches in the USA but also in other countries. We have lately invested in the share market and that has turned out to be a big bonanza. I invested the profits in other sectors like restaurants, construction, and automobiles. 

This was originally Uncle Joe's plan. I just went ahead, took the risk, and gave ideas. I don't know what I would have done without him. Uncle Joe was explaining how the party would be.

"What do you think, Mayank?"

Party, yes. It was the 25th anniversary of YP and we were having a grand rooftop party, celebrating the years with our latest successful expansion. He was showing me the pictures sent to him by the planner.

"That'd be great." I sincerely answered.

I am going to Paris tomorrow morning for two weeks. I really need to head home and pack. I excused myself and decided to head back home. It was raining. I quickly got in my car. While I was buckling up, I saw Mehek standing there. 

I stopped my car and saw her. She was trying to stop a taxi, but due to the rain, there weren't any. She was soaking wet and water was dripping from her. It was getting cold and dark. I moved my car towards her.

"Get in." I said, after pulling my window slightly down.

She looked at me but didn't budge, shivering and still calling the taxi. I knew she was stubborn when angry. I was waiting right there for two more minutes when she gave in and opened the car door and got in, trying to cover herself with her drenched coat.

I quickly started moving towards her house. I could feel her shivering even after the heater was on. I looked over to her and found that her face was pale. She was closing her eyes, often.

"Mehek" I shook her, but she didn't answer. I parked outside her building. I first fetched her key and then moved to the other side of the car and picked her up bridal style and quickly walked in. Unlocking the door, I moved to her bedroom and placed her on her bed. I quickly fetched my phone and called my assistant and asked him to get the doctor.

Waiting for the doctor to come, I removed her shoes and coat and tried to look for more comforters to keep her warm. Finally after few minutes she was covered.

There was a knock on the door, and I saw Martha, Uncle Joe's wife. She preferred that I address her as Martha..

"Where is she?" I gestured towards the bedroom. I don't know how long she was there. I hate Mehek, but still I was a human, and all this was just for humanity's sake. I was pacing around her living room.

After a few minutes, she came out. "How is she?" I asked.

"She has a high fever, and I am not sure about this, but I guess she is going through depression. We need to do a few check-ups before I confirm the last part. I have given her an injection and a few prescriptions." Martha said, forwarding the prescription.