A Moving Story

I didn't want this to be a date-date but still, I was getting ready as I would normally dress

I didn't want this to be a date-date but still, I was getting ready as I would normally dress. I wore a navy-blue short sleeve shirt dress which reached my knees and paired it with my white sneakers and a silver sling bag. I didn't have time for make-up, so I just went with my basic light pink lipstick and mascara.

(For imagination)

(For imagination)

I was looking good. I quickly took my coat and bag and then I left. The taxi was waiting downstairs. I gave the address and was told that it's not far and that we will reach there in a few minutes.

Ten minutes later, the cab came to a halt and I stepped out after paying the driver. It was a fancy restaurant cum bar. Ryan was waiting outside when I reached. I had messaged him when I left for the restaurant, so maybe he came out to look for me or he must have just reached. He was dressed in black t-shirt and jeans. He looked good. When he saw me, he came close and gave me a side hug.

"Someone's looking ravishing." I smiled a little at his comment. He knew how to impress a woman.

"You don't look bad yourself." I said, playing with him on that.

"Ohhkay, I can live with that. Come." He said and gestured me to move in. We sat in the near end table. I quickly read the menu when Ryan already gave the order for me. Well, seems like he did his homework before coming on this date.

"So, tell me Mehek." He said and I shifted under his gaze a bit. I don't know why I was feeling this uncomfortable.

"You were about to share your story, you start." I said, putting the ball in his coat.

"Alright, provided you tell me yours. Deal?"

"Deal." I shook his hand in a fake business deal thing and we both laughed at that. I felt at ease with it.

"Well, my father was British while my mom was Indian. They both met in the USA when they came here for their masters and instantly fell in love. I was born before they got married. They loved each other. However, my maternal family didn't approve of this relationship and took my mother back with them when I was five. My dad tried everything he could, but he couldn't bring my mom back. My maternal grandparents were powerful, rich people. Being a softy at heart, my mom didn't want to do anything without their permission. My dad took good care of me, but he missed my Mum. They kept in touch all this while, by letters, calls, etc. My dad and I used to fly all the way to India to go and meet her during nights where she used to come and meet us. One day, she didn't go back and asked my dad to take her along with him. She escaped and came with us back here, and that's when they got hitched, when I was fifteen." Our food arrived and he gestured to me to eat, but I wanted to know what happened next.