Party Vibes All Night

****Long chapter alert (Enjoy)****

Talk about boring, where you are not exactly doing anything but waiting for the time to pass, which is another boring task! Yeah, that was how I felt. Nobody wanted to start a communication with me apart from the media. Reason, today's news!

'MAYANK SINGH SEEN WITH HIS LADY LOVE'

'REPORTS HAVE CONFIRMED THAT SHE STARTED WORKING FOR HIM A MONTH BACK. THAT'S WHERE IT ALL BEGAN...'

'ALL ABOUT MAYANK SINGH'S NEW BAE.'

Last one was nothing but all false claims. I was more likely focused on the city view when someone tapped on my left shoulder. It was Ryan. Thank god, finally, someone who I can genuinely talk to.

"What took you so long? I thought you would never show up." I gave him a side hug, but he was still looking at me. He smelled awesome, you-might-want-to-take-a-whiff-again-and-again awesome. Plus, HE LOOKED HOT. He looked like a man right out of a fashion magazine hot. He was wearing a navy-blue suit with white shirt. It was paired with a red tie. His hair was slicked back perfectly.

"You look flawlessly HOT." He said, loosening his tie a bit. "Now I know why it's warm in here." He said, smirking at the last part.

"Why thank you, and you look handsome in that tie." I said, pointing my finger towards his now loosened tie. His smirk was now replaced with a genuine smile.

"Out of everything I'm wearing, you liked the TIE?" He said pointing at his entire posture from head to toe.

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'. And we both started laughing. Ah it felt so good and now I could have some company for real in this desert of people.

"You really are something, Mehek." Ryan said after our laughter died. I was looking at him, trying to understand his eyes that did the talking with a small smile on his lips. I knew for a fact that he liked me from the very first day, I was not that dumb to not understand that. I was happy that it was all cleared at our dinner date the other day.

"I have been better." He simply nodded at that, looking away.

"I saw the news the other day, someone is quite popular. I shouldn't be asking this, but I want to. Is all that true?" He asked a bit hesitantly, covering it with his smile.

"It's not, Mayank helped me the other day when I was sick and offered me a ride home. I don't know how, but I fainted and that's where they got that." I didn't want to explain all the details or hide anything.

"Ohh, so that's where they got that." He said, mimicking my last sentence. I punched him lightly on his shoulder and he chuckled.

We were talking when Linda from the HR team came and started the RnR session.

It took another two hours for the awards ceremony to end. Ryan was awarded the Editor of the year. His stories were the most popular, and he had contributed a lot to increasing readers of the YP magazines and blogs. He had also contributed new ideas. It was then I knew that the proposal of the best story within YP was his idea. I was very happy for him. By the time it ended, I was way too exhausted. Ryan continued our conversation where we had left.