Run Away And Never Comeback (2)

It was a beautiful morning when I woke up. My clock said it was 6 am, so I still had a few hours before I would need to go to work. I decided to quickly freshen up and go for a quick run as today was my day off from the gym. 

I quickly got dressed and decided to go to a nearby park, plugging in my Airpods with music blasting in full swing. I was trying hard to forget what had happened yesterday. I had been waiting to see her reaction since the day I planned for revenge, but still, I didn't feel the satisfaction I had expected. 

What she did was completely unforgivable, she was so close to me, but she broke me and left me when I needed her the most. My phone rang and brought me back to reality, it was Natasha. I decided to ignore her call. I can come up with an excuse later.

I reached home. It was a small penthouse with three master bedrooms, one dining room, two living rooms, kitchen, and a study area, but it still felt too small for me.

I quickly got dressed and came downstairs. My breakfast was already set on the table, and grabbing my coffee, I took a huge sip. 

Ahhh! It was much needed, especially when I hardly got any sleep last night. My mind was again diverted by her thoughts. I tried to skip everything and focused on my plan for today. Finishing my breakfast, I took my stuff from the living room and sat in my car.

After a few minutes, I arrived at YP. It was still time before everyone arrived, so I decided to go to the cafeteria, I need more caffeine to process my day. 

The moment I reached the café, I saw her sitting there, and she was smiling at another guy, the same guy from yesterday. Something inside me was burning so bad. I was so wrong about her. She was always like this, looking for the richer guys, gold digger. 

I was still cursing myself so damn much for letting her come so close to me. How could I not see this side of her? Was I that blind?

I didn't realize I was staring at her with red eyes when he touched her. Oh god, he was so close to her and he was touching her face. I broke the glass in my hand. Thankfully, nobody noticed it. She jerked away from him, as if realizing that maybe it was too soon to get into his pants. 

Fuck! I was about to get to her table and ask her to leave the company right now. I can't stand her! I fucking despise her! No more plans, I don't want to see her face! I stood up, and that's when she excused herself and ran towards her workspace.

I knew what I had to do. I fished my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number. She answered quickly.

"Hey Honey, I miss you. Why didn't you pick my call this morning?" she said in her La La tone.

"Come to my place at 7." was all I said. She understood what I wanted, and she would give me that. I hung up the call and moved to my room. Checking up on my schedule today, I knew that I had to cover up fast. 

This company was what I had always wanted, and dad trusted me enough to make me the in charge of this one. Moreover, Uncle Joe has worked his butt off to put this company in the 'top 10' list in the States.

I was still busy in my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door. It must be Linda. I asked her to come in. I was busy accessing my schedule and company files when someone cleared their throat. I looked up, it was her. As much as I despise her, I couldn't help but agree that she looked stunning in that dress. She has changed a lot. Her long black hair was now wavy brown, and her chubby cheeks were no longer visible. 

She had lost weight since the time I last saw her. She looked curvier and sexier than before. Her skin was smooth, her lips.....!!! I had to shake my head to clear my thoughts. She was standing there. She was for real, she did come to me. 

I knew she would do this, try to connect back where we had left. All because I own the company and she is a gold digger. I was right about that.

"How dare you come in?" I asked in a much higher voice.

"You asked me to! I am here because Linda told me to talk to you about my concern as she can't fix it!" she said in a duh expression.

Feeling exasperated, I wanted her out of my sight before my brain could go back and start processing my 'Lover boy' side.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want a transfer." She said as if it was obvious. Ohh, maybe this is a trick. She'll request for a transfer and when I try to talk to her, she'll tell me what she wants. Taking the long route, I know you well.

"Why?" I asked her. Even though I knew the answer, I still wanted to hear it from her. She was always like this, a coward, she liked running from situations she couldn't control. 

She was an emotional freak. That's why she ran when I needed her the most. Never looking back in what state she left me when my heart was aching for her touch... I need to STOP this!!!

"I can't...I can't be in the same office as you. You know this very well, Mayank." She said, with glassy eyes. I didn't want to fall back into the same trap.

"Mr. Singh." I corrected her, showing Mehek her place. "And I have appointed you here and we don't have any requirements in any other branch. Moreover, I own this company, so wherever you go, you will be linked to me." 

I said with finality in my voice. I was no longer the Mayank who wanted to be with her and would do anything and everything for her.

"Okay..." she was looking down. Thinking about something, she had a sad expression on her face. "If so, I want to quit." she said.

"Sure, you can handover your resignation letter to Linda and make sure you make the full payment." I said.

"What payment?" she asked curiously.

"The cost company had spent on your travel, your three-month advance house rent allowance, and early termination charges as per the bond you have signed." 

I explained to her without looking at her. I know it well that she can't afford this, she didn't have a single penny left. Her boyfriend had left her for someone else, and since then, she is broke. She was hiding in a hole somewhere when I sent her the offer to work here.

"This can't be true, I don't have any money!" She exclaimed, on the verge of tears.

"Well then, stop wasting my time and leave." I said firmly, glaring at her. She was standing there, looking at me.

"What would you get out of this Mayank? Why are you doing this?" she started shedding her fake tears.

"I am not doing anything Ms. Sharma. You have signed a bond, and you should have read it before deciding to leave." I said. Before she could say anything, I went to the door and opened it. "If you don't have anything else to say, GET OUT!" 

I shouted. She looked scared like a cat caught in a lion's den. I wanted to enjoy that look on her face, but I couldn't. Why? She wiped her tears and came close, close enough that I could smell her perfume. Oh god! It was just the same and very sensual.

"This is not over, Mayank. If you think you can break me again then keep this in mind, I'm no longer the same Mehek you had left years ago." 

Before I could answer, she left. I banged the door, catching the attention of people working on the other end of the hall. What the fuck is wrong with her? I will show her that I'm no longer the same Mayank SHE had left years ago. Game on!

____________________________

Mayank's POV is tough to write...but yeah.

How was it?