1.9

"wow, this is so good!" mark exclaimed, sipping happily on his watermelon flavored drink- as expected, the menu was perfect for him

"wow, this is so good!" mark exclaimed, sipping happily on his watermelon flavored drink- as expected, the menu was perfect for him. "im glad you like it," she returned a small smile in exchange, bag of sweets in her hand as she walked side by side with the boy. "where do you want to go now?"

"how about we just walk around for a bit?" he suggested, though narae couldn't miss the mischievous glint in his eye as she agreed to follow his lead. 

after what felt like forever and more than a few miles of walking, the pair arrived at a shop covered in bright lights and signs. 

"what's this?" 

"it's an arcade," mark grinned, "don't tell me you've never been to one?"

"i have with jaemin... only once, though" she added, looking around at the colorful machines that covered nearly every inch of the place. the girl ran towards a game, quickly finding a liking to a stuffed animal offered as a prize. "look at this mark! isn't it so cute?"

"i'll get it for you," he smiled, pulling out his arcade card. "i used to come here alot with haechan. he's the one who recommended this place, actually... said you should probably get out of that office more often."

naraes smile faltered a bit. "is that what you think of me?"

"what he thinks of you," mark clarified, taking his attention away from the machine and looking down at her with a soft look on his face. "i think all your hard work is really admirable. you do alot for us, narae."

"im glad someone appreciates it," she smiled, a warm feeling building up in her chest as she watched the boy win the first prize of the day.

"piece of cake!" he grinned, handing her the stuffed toy. his heart melted as the girl took the paws of the animal and made it wave towards him. "what are you gonna name it?"

"im gonna name it...lee.." she said after some consideration, brows furrowed in thought. "he kind of looks like you, doesn't he?"

"a cheetah? really?" 

"yup! cheetah lee! he's wondering what game we're playing next," the girl giggled, holding the prize tight in her arms. being with mark felt like pure bliss, almost as if she was free of all the problems and stress in the world. with every ounce in her body, narae wanted this to work out.

mark paused and thought for a moment. "we should play basketball together since you know, last time, things didn't really go as planned."

"i would love that..." the younger nodded at his words in agreement. things were going perfectly. lee haechan, you are truly a lifesaver.