Eight | Weird Emotions

I honestly don't feel like updating anymore.
________________

PRESENT

ARNAUD
(Age Thirty-Six)

It was Celestine's twentieth birthday.

I can't believe she is twenty already, time fucking flew. I haven't even seen her for the past two months since I was not home due to some work.

I missed her. A lot.

Her birthday party was held in their garden with only the family members and me of course.

Adjusting the lapels of my suit jacket, I grabbed the bouquet of her favourite flowers: lilies.

Carrying them, I went in the direction of the garden which was transformed after being decorated with flowers and lights.

Only the best for the girls of the house.

Celestine is in college now, studying and working towards her dream of designing her dream car. She has sketched a few cars but she never showed me saying it will be a surprise.

I greeted the others who passed by me.

Then I spotted her.

The silver, satin, spaghetti dress moulded perfectly to her curves, stopping just above her knees. A slit ran up to her mid-thigh.

Her dark hair flowed down her shoulders, and her green eyes which had the prettiest shade of brown in them were twinkling with happiness.

Holy shit, when did she grow up so much?

I swear she was just a teenager and now...

She looked fucking beautiful, glowing under the golden lights like the angel she was and for a second I stopped breathing.

No. Stop. What the fuck. What am I even thinking?

I did not just find my best friend attractive, not to mention she is so much younger than me.

Must be because of all the work I am doing these days, I am losing my damn mind.

A red haze covered my vision when I spotted a slimy fucker going over to meet her with a bouquet of red roses and Celestine smiled when she saw him, both of them hugging briefly.

Who the actual fuck is that and why isn't anyone throwing him out already?

I was already planning his death when Celestine saw me, her eyes widening with excitement and she lifted her hand up to wave at me enthusiastically.

The smile that formed her face was different than the one she gave that fucker. This one was wide and genuine and so fucking beautiful.

Whoever the fuck that boy was, now looked confused, glancing between us.

Take that motherfucker.

I made my way over to her, returning her smile and without even bothering to take a look at the flowers I brought her, she threw her arms around my neck. "Arnaud, you are here finally!"

With my arm around her waist, I made sure her back was towards him and I kissed her temple. "I couldn't miss my angel's birthday."

She still held me close, giggling adorably while I glared at that fucker with the stupid golden streak in his dark hair.

When he continued to stare at her back, I narrowed my eyes further, face twisting into a scowl making him startle and take a step back.

By that time, Cyrus had found his way to him and he gave him his overly cheerful smile. "Oh, there you are! Silvio wants to have a word with you." Cyrus put his arms around his shoulder and forcefully dragged him away to a corner.