Fifteen | My Wife

I don't care, I just want lots of comments on this chapter. It's one of my favourites.
________________

CELESTINE

"Does that mean if we kill Luther, none of his men would bother avenging his death?"

Arnaud nodded, leaning against the wall in my room. "That's right. They all seem to hate him."

"That's awesome! We can turn them to our side."

"Yeah, I have been trying to subtly do that for the past couple of days. I'm even ready to recruit them once Luther's gone."

I nodded, excited that our mission would be successful without any unnecessary deaths.

His eyes flickered down to my left wrist and he frowned. "Where's the watch I gave you?"

Before the wedding, he gave me a wristwatch with a hidden button which when pressed would send a SOS signal to Arnaud.

"I took it off earlier."

"I told you not to take it off at any time."

"I was showering that's why."

"It's waterproof for a reason. I want you to wear it even when you are showering so that if you need me, I can be there."

I rolled my eyes. "So you will burst into the bathroom even when I am naked?"

His frown vanished and he looked flustered, pushing off the wall. "That's not what I meant."

He grabbed the watch from the nightstand and came towards me.

I extended my left hand and he clasped the watch around my wrist. "Knowing that you have this on makes me a little relaxed, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay. Maybe I will press it when I am showering and see if you--"

"Celestine." He reprimanded, glowering at me. "No funny business."

I pouted. "Why not? I am getting bored anyway."

"Being naked in front of me is your idea of fun?"

I put on my flirtatious smile, risking everything. "Mhmm...there are lots of things you can do when naked--"

His nostrils flared, jaw tightening and he released my wrist abruptly. "Stop it."

I felt a little disappointed by his reaction. Maybe he still sees me as an annoying kid.

"Relax, bestie." I patted his chest. "I'm just messing with you."

He refused to make eye contact with me as he changed the topic. "I need to update Marcelo about today so I'll see you later."

"Okay..."

.
.
.

I never once thought of strolling around the compound in the past ten days but today was the day for it.

Several men guarded the main gate, other than them, no other men roamed the compound.

I already spent several hours each day at the back of the house so this time, I went around the house to look at the other areas.

And when I stumbled across a cottage at the side of the house, hidden behind the trees, I was quite surprised.

Curious, I went to it, looking around for anyone but the area was tranquil. Honestly, the cottage looked like a place where one would love to spend their vacation in peace.

I tried the front door and it was open so I went inside, finding myself in a very cosy-looking space. To my left was a small, open kitchen and to the right, the living room.