Eighteen | Lucky

CELESTINE

I only had a vague image of Arnaud in my mind but after seeing him in person, I was confirmed that this man was my husband.

I hate not being able to remember anything and anyone. Thankfully, I do remember him and he makes me feel so safe and secure.

All the days I spent in the hospital, he was by my side, holding my hand and offering me a warm smile to encourage me.

I can see why I married him.

"So, that man was telling the truth?" I asked him the other day.

He nodded. "Yes. They were your parents."

"Oh..."

"It's okay. You will remember them soon."

He had a way with his words. With a few simple words, he was able to comfort me instantly.

I was being discharged right now, Arnaud handling everything and with his arm around my shoulder, he led me out of the hospital.

A car was already waiting for us outside and my eyes widened slightly when I took it in. It was so gorgeous.

"Is that your car?"

Arnaud watched me with a strange look. "Yes. You like it?"

"I love it!" I exclaimed, not able to take my eyes off the car.

He squeezed my shoulder, the strange look lingering on his face and he led me forward.

He opened the back door for me and helped me sit inside before rounding the car and sliding beside me.

His driver drove the car away from that awful hospital and I was grateful for it.

I ran my hands over the seat, finding the interior equally beautiful.

"You know..." He said softly, "It's weird watching you fall in love with cars over again."

"Again?"

He nodded, a small smile on his face. "You were almost seven when you first saw my car and became obsessed with it and decided to design your own car one day."

"Seven? We met each other so long back?" In the past few days, I completely forgot to ask him about how we met and how long we have been married.

"Yes. We have known each other for over thirteen years now."

"How...old are you?"

"Thirty-six."

"And me?"

"Twenty."

"Oh. That's a huge age gap." I commented.

He chuckled softly. "I know."

"When did we get married?"

He seemed confused by the question and cleared his throat loudly. "Um...a...year back."

"We were good friends?"

"Best friends."

"That's sweet." I wished I remembered all that. I desperately wanted to.

Then I suddenly remembered another important question. "Do we have a baby together?"

His eyebrows shot up and he coughed loudly, patting the middle of his chest, averting his eyes from me. "No."

"Okay. What about my siblings?"

He looked relieved by the change of question. "You have two younger siblings. Ada and Kian. And a total of four cousins."

"I have a big family."