Sixteen | My Fault

ARNAUD

Holding me by my collar, Silvio slammed me against the hospital wall. "What the fuck did you do to my daughter?!"

I let him hit me when he punched me in the jaw. I deserved it. It was all my fault. If not for me and my stupid jealousy, Celestine wouldn't be lying in a hospital bed, unconscious for the past few hours.

Seeing Cel fall down the stairs was like getting a heart attack and I didn't even bother paying attention to Luther much as I quickly snapped his neck and rushed down to her.

After admitting her to the hospital, I waited for an hour before informing Marcelo.

It wasn't long before Marcelo arrived here with Silvio, Cyrus, Lilith and Orla.

My brother-in-law stood at the side watching me with a blank look. I won't save you. I remembered him saying and he was being true to his words.

Fortunately, Lilith, Orla and Cyrus were outside Celestine's room instead of being witnesses to this.

Silvio's eyes were rimmed red as if he had been crying and he seethed, "I fucking warned you!"

"Bring my daughter back!" He yelled, jerking me by my collar. "It's all your fucking fault!"

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled in a defeated tone, tears pricking my eyes.

He punched me again, my lip bursting open by the force of it.

"Bring. My. Daughter. Back."

"Silvio!"

Our heads snapped towards the once-empty corridor where Lilith and Orla stood, Cyrus behind them.

Lilith was crying but she still glared at her husband, coming over to him.

"Stop this", she ordered.

Orla glared at Marcelo as if betrayed. "Why are you not stopping him?"

"He already knew this would happen if Celestine got hurt." Marcelo crossed his arms across his chest.

Silvio still held me by my collar, refusing to back away.

"Do you think Celestine would like it if you hurt him?" Lilith asked sternly, wiping away her tears.

"He is the reason she is lying in there!"

"No, it's Luther's fault. He pushed her. If Arnaud wasn't there, no one would have even brought her here." She argued.

"Please..." She begged, hugging him from the side. "Stop this."

Silvio stared at her for a long moment before his features softened slightly and his hold loosened on me.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder before glowering at me. "You better pray she wakes up or--"

"If she doesn't wake up..." I cut him off, looking him in the eye, letting him see how serious I was. "I'll kill myself."

"Arnaud!" Orla scolded me.

Silvio smiled cruelly. "You better before I do it myself and I won't make it easy."