Twenty-Five | Abandoned?

CELESTINE

I was getting obsessed with Arnaud to the point, I even dreamt of him. The dream was filled with him kissing me, smiling at me.

I was freaking happy when I woke up and found myself in his arms, my face pressed against his chest.

And the best thing? He was shirtless. I don't think so I have seen him shirtless till now.

Mesmerized, I ran my fingers over his chest which had a light dusting of dark hair.

I trailed my hand down to his abs, almost drooling as I touched them. A trail of dark hair on his abdomen disappeared inside his sweatpants making me gulp.

Last night was...hot.

I moved my hand upwards before I could start touching him again. I caressed his chest, leaning in to kiss him right over his heart.

Not able to stop, I pressed another kiss there, an open mouthed one.

Something hot and hard dig into my abdomen making me glance down. He was hard.

My hand slipped down his chest, reaching for the waistband of his sweatpants when he suddenly caught my wrist.

I looked up and found him watching me with hooded eyes before he rolled us so that I was under him and he placed my hand beside my head.

He whispered huskily in my ear, "Teasing me the first thing in the morning isn't a good idea, sweetheart."

"How long have you been awake?"

His eyes twinkled mischievously as he brushed our noses together. "From the moment you started to touch me."

I blushed. "You are a light sleeper."

"Yeah." He trailed the tip of his nose down my cheek until his breath fanned my lips.

"Good morning, my angel." He kissed me lingeringly.

"Good morning." I smiled, cupping his cheek and stroking it with my thumb.

"I had more plans for us last night but you fell asleep. Unfortunately."

I bit my lips. "I wanted to stay awake but..."

"It's okay." He chuckled softly.

I slid my palms down his back, feeling his muscles flex. "Did I tell you that you are the best husband in the world?"

He smirked. "No. Tell me."

I pulled his head down, kissing his forehead. "I feel very lucky to have you in my life, Arnaud. I may not have my memories but my heart seems to know you. You are the best husband in the world."

He gazed at me intensely, letting out a deep breath. "I feel the same about you, Cel. I feel extremely lucky to have you." He ran his knuckles down my cheek. "You are truly an angel for me."

Not wanting to waste another moment, I kissed him.

His fingers wrapped around my throat and he pressed my head further into the mattress before kissing me deeply.

My heart stuttered, overflowing with all the love I had for him.

For a moment, we parted and I was about to tell him that I loved him when a sharp pain went through my head making me wince.

'...but you are my favourite uncle.'

'Yup, you are my angel.'

'Like a pretty angel?'