Twenty | Cupid

CELESTINE

The side of my bed was empty again making tears gather in my eyes.

Why would he not come to bed with me? Is he disgusted by me?

Does he think I am a mess after losing my memory?

I watched myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth, focusing on my every feature.

If he didn't find me attractive then why did we even get married?

We couldn't have been forced because he doesn't act like that, infact he is quite doting.

He said we were best friends then we got married but it feels like that the marriage part never happened.

I brushed my teeth and took a shower before walking downstairs.

I'm going to observe his behaviour for a few more days before questioning him.

He is already doing so much for me...I don't want to trouble him anymore.

As I looked for him around the house, I reached the kitchen where I heard Arnaud speaking but I frowned when I heard a woman speak too.

"I'm just worried about this..." She said.

I peeked into the kitchen, my eyes narrowing when I found a dark haired woman standing a little close to Arnaud near the stove where he cooked something.

"Everything will be okay", he answered without looking at her.

I gritted my teeth when she placed her palm on his bicep.

Who the fuck is she and why the hell is she touching my husband?

He's mine. I don't care if we are intimate or not, no other woman gets to touch him.

Or...is she the reason why he is not coming to bed with me?

I felt nauseated by that thought, a red haze covering my eyes as I shot lasers at her.

As if sensing me, the woman glanced at me looking a bit surprised. "Celestine."

So she knew me already.

Arnaud glanced at me over his shoulder at my mention, his lips lifting up. "Good morning, angel. How are you feeling?"

I didn't bother hiding my distaste for her as I replied, glaring at her. "Violent."

Arnaud raised an amused brow, his eyes flitting to the woman who looked confused.

He turned off the stove and turned to me just as the woman addressed me, "We all miss you, Cel. Please, remember us soon."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't know you but I want you to step away from my husband. Immediately."

Realisation dawned on them both and for some reason, she found it funny as she chuckled and stepped away. "Okay, I'll leave your husband alone. No need to get possessive."

She bid us both goodbye and left.

I kept glaring at her back until she left my sight and I felt Arnaud's presence behind me.