Twenty-Four | Want

CELESTINE

Arnaud was not comfortable leaving me all alone at home while he went out for some work so he dropped me off here.

Everyone was more than happy to see me, especially my parents.

After I was done greeting everyone, Dad pulled me aside, with his arm around my shoulder, he led me out to the garden.

"Dad?" I asked, unsure of why he was so quiet and lost in his thoughts.

He paused, turning to me. "Are you happy, Cel?"

"Why are you suddenly asking me that?"

"I'm just worried about you. Is Arnaud treating you right?"

It was kinda weird for him to ask me that since we have been married for a year now but I answered him, "Yes. He's the best, Dad."

I added after a pause, "Even though I am a little irritated by the fact that I am not regaining my memories, I am happy nevertheless."

"Do you love him?"

There was no hesitation as I smiled widely, my cheeks warming. "I do. A lot."

Dad sighed softly, a small smile forming on his face before he kissed the top of my head. "Okay."

.
.
.

ARNAUD

"I am here to pick Celestine, why the hell am I being interrogated?" I grumbled after I was forced to sit down on a chair.

Marcelo sat behind his desk with Cyrus and Silvio standing on either side of him. I was subjected to three pairs of eyes judging me. Intensely.

"Explain this." Silvio turned the screen of his phone towards me. It was the selfie Celestine took on our date where I was kissing her.

"Explain what? Do you all don't have eyes?"

"Arnaud." Marcelo warned.

"What? No, seriously, what the fuck should I explain about that?"

"You made it clear to me on several occasions that whatever Celestine and you had was platonic", Marcelo said. "This doesn't look platonic to me."

I pursed my lips. "Feelings can change."

"What feelings?" Silvio cocked his head, narrowing his eyes at me.

Frustrated, I got up, muttering, "I am out of here."

"I just want to make sure you won't hurt her." Silvio spoke making me pause. "That your feelings won't change even if she regains her memories, I don't want you to think of her as a timepass."

"I love her." I stated firmly with no doubt. "Celestine is mine. Her memories don't matter anymore. If I ever hurt her, you are free to kill me."

Automatically, all their faces relaxed and Cyrus gave me a thumbs up. Grinning he turned to them both. "So, where's my money?"

Marcelo rolled his eyes before pulling out his wallet and Silvio did the same and they both gave him a bundle of cash.

"Do I even want to know what you bet on?"

"I already saw this coming from a mile away..." Cyrus said smugly. "After all, I have a great vision."