Chapter 63: War On Centaurea

While the Frenzy pirates were engaging in battle with a rather large fleet of marines, which were supposed to be reinforcements sent by the WG for the civil war going on in Centaurea, currently at Centaurea, a battle was happening in a large open field, and to the outside eye, it would only be seen as an ordinary civil war, but in reality, it was actually a battle between two different factions: the WG and the Revolutionary Army.
___
___

"Dammit! Why aren't they responding!?" Yelled a small man angrily, wearing a marine coat as he held an unresponsive transponder snail.

Setting down the transponder snail, I walked forward and stood at the edge of the cliff as I overlooked the battle happening below; thousands of marines were fighting against the revolutionary army while explosions went off from both sides every few seconds, resulting in both sides accumulating mass casualties.

"Captain Crank, how many men were accounted for yesterday?" Asked the small man as he folded his arms and glanced to his left, looking at a rather tall yet lanky man.

"We counted roughly 4,243 men after the last battle, Vice Admiral Mini." Replied Crank as he gave Mini a salute, though his words caused him to frown.

"We lost a little over 1,500 men during our last battle because we weren't prepared for their technologically advanced weapons, and without the reinforcements, today we'll lose many men." Commented Mini with a frown as he glanced at the transponder snail behind him.

"What was the status of the Revolutionary Army?" Asked Mini as he shifted his focus back onto the battle happening below, utterly indifferent to the death of his men.

"We couldn't get an accurate number, but their army should consist of roughly 6,000 troops, and after the last battle, we only discovered 87 corpses." Said Crank with an ugly expression.

"87? You're telling me we weren't able to even kill 100 men!? This war has just recently started, yet we've lost over 15 times as many troops as them!" Exclaimed Mini angrily as he looked at Crank, causing him to nod nervously.

'At this rate, I'll need to stop overlooking the battle and get involved, though if I do that, Commander Lindbergh will also join the war.' Thought Mini as he quickly calmed down and shifted his eyes toward a distant cliff on the other side of the battle below.
___
___

"Commander Lindbergh, unlike what the reports said, no reinforcements have arrived for the Marines." Said Gambo, a man with a mustache and an egg-shaped body, as he stood before Lindbergh.

"I know; my drones haven't spotted any ships docking at the designated piers." Remarked Lindbergh, a cat mink with blue hair, wearing a brown trench coat, a tophat, and a large device on his back.

"You don't seem so happy, Commander; did you find something unsettling?" Asked Gambo when he noticed Lindbergh's lack of enthusiasm, causing him to frown.

"No, I just have this feeling that something bad will happen soon, an intuition of a Mink if you will." Replied Lindbergh as he stopped working on what looked to be a water gun attached to the large device on his back and overlooked the battle while frowning.

"A Minks Instincts are no joke, Commander; I'm sure you know better than I do; what should we do?" Said Gambo as he moved his big body next to Lindbergh, both overlooking the battle, which they currently had the advantage in.

"Nothing, just inform the scouts to stay on high alert." Said Lindbergh as he folded his arms and eyed the cliff in the distance while Gambo nodded in response.

'Come on, Vice Admiral Mini, join the battle; I know you want to; if you do, I can finally participate as well. I've got a new gadget I wish to test out.' Thought Lindbergh while smiling, eager to join the fray and fight.
___
___