Chapter Eight

Chapter 8 | Bad Day

Chapter 8 | Bad Day

                         ❀

''𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 of you to sacrifice your afternoon for this, Cole," Blair said, smiling at him appreciatively. Cole grinned back. "Anything to keep you happy, New York," he replied. Just as they were about to head out, Emily came running towards them. "Guys, Skylar saved us a spot for some pizza at Monty's!" she exclaimed. "I'm up for some pizza," Cole smiled, surprising Blair. "But hanging out with you doesn't sound too bad either," he added, playfully teasing her.

                            ❀

Later that day, while rummaging through her belongings, Blair stumbled upon a teapot that had once belonged to her sister. The sight of it brought wave of happiness over her something she hadn't experience in awhile, as loving memories of their time together flooded her mind. eagerly brought it downstairs to fill it up with tea.

But before she could even pour a cup, a loud bang was heard through the house. Parker had accidentally knocked the teapot into the sink, shattering it into pieces. Katherine, the boys' mother, screamed at her while Blair's heart sank.

"Be careful, Parker!" Katherine shouted, her voice filled with frustration. Parker, feeling guilty, quickly ran up to her room in tears. The entire household turned to Blair, their eyes filled with curiosity, waiting for her reaction. She felt like she was about to break down into tears herself. "It's alright," she managed to say, her voice trembling. "It was an accident. I'm gonna go to school." With that, Blair hurriedly ran out the door, tears streaming down her face. The weight of the broken teapot, a symbol of her lost sister, weighed heavily on her heart.

                            ❀

At school, Blair went into the bathroom, hoping for a moment of peace. But her hopes were dashed when she overheard two girls gossiping about her, saying hurtful things. The pain intensified, and Blair couldn't understand how anyone could say such awful stuff about her when she had not done anything to them girls.

Running out onto the schoolyard, Blair passed by Cole, who noticed her upset. "Hey, wait up!" he called out, concern on his face. "I can't run as fast as you with my bad leg."

Feeling a mix of frustration and gratitude, Blair turned back to face him. "Sorry, I'm late for class," she mouthed, trying to distance herself.Unbothered , Cole chased after her, determined to catch up. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Blair attempted to lie, wanting to keep her struggles to herself. "I'm fine," she replied, her voice betraying her true emotions. Cole, sensing her distress, persisted. "Keeping secrets from me, New York? Come on, I thought we were closer than that." Feeling the weight of her burdens, Blair finally spoke truth. "Look, I've just been having a bad day," she explained, her voice shaky.

Without missing a beat, Cole offered a solution. "Then let's get out of here," he suggested, his determination appeared. "Dylan has a lake house and is having a party. Come on, let's take your mind off things." Blair hesitated, but the thought of escaping her troubles for a while was tempting. "Fine," she finally agreed, unable to resist Cole's infectious smile. "Let's go."

                          ❀