Chapter 21: Missing

{HICCUPS POINT OF VIEW. This was inspired by a comment so shoutout to them <3 }

~ one month later ~

I opened my eyes slowly finding Jacks arms still around me, sleeping silently. He hasn't slept much lately because the guardians have been having their issues in which he had to help.

I slowly forced myself out of his arms and sat up, yawning and stretching.
It has been months and months since we have been together. What an amazing time.

I got out of bed and put on my usual green shirt and vest. I looked back to check on Jack and saw him waking up.
He was so adorable.

"Morning sleepy head" I chuckled a bit and walked over to him, putting a kiss on his head but he pulled me down to a deep kiss on the lips. I kissed him back and smiled "Come on, get up!"

Jack grumbled as he got out of bed, stretching. We were around the same height now! He put on his sweater and as he peered out the window saw the northern lights. He sighed and looked at me with sad eyes, he hated leaving. I waked up to him and gave him a hug and whispered "Be safe"
He hugged me back but he was colder than before. It must be because he's upset.

I opened the window for him as he jumped out with his staff in hand. I smiled and waved softly as he flew off. I watched until I didn't see him and closed my window shut.

I looked around my room as I realized not much has changed. Astrid doesn't nearly talk to me as much as before and my dad has left me alone to handle Toothless...
Jack always seemed to be busy these days.

I walked downstairs and out of my house, not saying a word to my dad. He didn't know about Jack, but if he found out I would be killed!

So I went to the field to go meet toothless

~ That Night ~

I sat at my desk trying to design a new saddle for toothless and waiting for Jack. He usually Isn't gone for more than a few hours but he's been gone all day.

I couldn't concentrate so I walked over to my window, opening it and yawning softly. It was starting to get late so I opened the window incase Jack came back. I crawled into bed and pulled the blanket over me for warmth.

~Morning~

I woke up to a big chill and I opened my eyes slightly.
The window was still open and Jacks arms weren't around me..

I sat up and looked around for a possible note he could have left..
Nothing.