Chapter 3

{Heaven}

(1st Layer)

(Raynare POV)

Contrary to popular belief, Heaven does have a natural time cycle, the famous eye of Sol.

Because even though it exists in a different dimension, away from Earth, its closer to the sun than everything else. Unlike Hell, which has no solar system, requiring high level Devils to create an artificial star for its populace. Other places vary, of course, like Asgard and the Dimensional Gap.

And Angels, similarly to all other supernatural beings, require sleep. Though its not for very long, resting one's body is still a necessity. The same goes for food, drink, and other vital utilities needed for a living person.

Further requiring a place of residence, for all Divine inhabitants that dwell in God's domain.

...

Near the outer walls of Heaven's borders, Raynare lives inside an apartment complex. One of many for Angels of her low level status. Though it comes with all its necessities an Angel needs, its not as fancy or grande other higher Angels receive.

Because of her ranking, Raynare has to share her residence, almost like a larger dorm. And who better than to live with than her best friend, Kalawarner.

Lazily positioned on the couch of their living room, Raynare mindlessly switches between channels of the television. Concluding that everything on is boring and distracting herself with the black and white flashes of every click.

"Its late," Kalawarner walks in, opening the fridge of their open kitchen for anything to eat. "Why didn't you wake me up. I needed to make dinner hours ago."

"I tried, you were knocked out." Raynare replies, still flicking away at the tv. "And there's no leftovers. I ate them all when we got home."

"Of course," Kalawarner rolls her eyes, assuming as much. "I'm cooking dried hot pot tonight. Wait...Fuck."

"Yeah, the fridge is empty." Raynare tells her. "So is the shelves."

Her friend sighs at this, shooting Raynare a glare.

"And why am I just now hearing about this." Kalawarner deadpans.

"Hey!" Raynare holds up her hands. "Don't blame me! I thought you knew!"

"No," Kalawarner answers, slamming the fridge shut. "And if I did, I shouldn't have to be getting groceries the day we come back."

Raynare gets hit with a purse full of money, knocking the remote out of her grip.

"You're doing nothing. Go to the store, they're open twenty four hours."

"Why me?!"

"Because I always go," Kalawarner repeats, unamused by Raynare's antics. "And you've been bored all day, so leave. Or I'm kicking you out."

True to her word, Kalawarner begins to summon her signature golden spear, scaring Raynare off the couch.

"Okay, okay!" Raynare relents, slinging the purse on her shoulder, making her way for the door. "You're no fun..."

"Are you really leaving like that," Kalawarner questions her friend's outfit. Or lack of one. "In a oversized shirt and panties."

Being friends for a long time, the two are perfectly comfortable with each other. And Raynare, being extremely comfortable, lives nearly naked around the other Angel.

Being completely shameless in everything she does, revealing things to Kalawarner that she really doesn't need to know.

At least Kalawarner has the common decency to not show a huge majority of her body in their day to day lives.