Chapter 7

{Heaven}

(First Layer | Raynare's Apartment)

(Raynare POV)

The low born Angel thought she had seen everything, all that could happen in her home. Like seriously, Heaven was always a bore to her, for the same reason many others consider it a paradise.

Heaven is simply unchanging. Peace, prosperity, even the fucking weather...

Raynare couldn't be more wrong.

For the first time in what could be dated back to the start of the Great War, all of Heaven's armies are back inside it's golden borders.

For how greatly God and his Seraphim Generals value their territory, Raynare is quite surprised to hear the counterproducting decision to pull back all their forces, giving up all that hard earned land so easily.

Not just that, all of Heaven's ranks are to attend a mandatory assembly in the Second Layer for an important announcement. By order of God's Supreme War General, Michael, himself.

If that wasn't in of itself a little shocking, apparently, Kristina came by her home earlier to drop off...

Honestly, Raynare doesn't even know what these things are. They look like paper punched holes tickets... with only the words 'VIP' labeled on the front.

It only serves for Raynare to ask more questions, on top of the existing ones she already needs answers to.

...

Standing at the foot of her bed, Raynare continues donning the rest of her armor. Already finished with her greaves and leggings, and working her way up to her arms and shoulders.

Like everything else in her life, Raynare's equipment is completely dirty and scratched. Unlike the rest of her peers, Raynare never felt the need to properly maintain her armor past the bare minimum, only doing work on it when its utmost necessary.

Laziness is a virtue, one that Raynare desperately hopes Kristina never finds out.

"Hey," Kalawarner enters, already wearing her full set of shining steel armor. "Need some help?"

"Yeah," Raynare nods, hopelessly trying to react the back of her breastplate. "Just fasten these straps for me, will you."

Kalawarner is at her side, hooking in the leather adjustments of Raynare's armor.

...

...

...

"Do you have a crush on Lord Kristina?"

"..." Raynare blinks. "HEH?"

"Raynare."

"No-!" She denies. Then, averts her eyes from Kalawarner. "...Is it that obvious?"

Kalawarner sighs, and Raynare grows a pink blush on her face, caught redhanded.

"This is dangerous, Raynare." Kalawarner warns. "Are you genuine about your feelings."

"Of course I am!" Raynare is quick to reply. "The Hell kind of question is that!"

"Because if not, you will fall." Kalawarner states. "So I'll ask again, do you like Kristina?"

"Y-Yes..." Raynare admits with a flushed expression. "I...L-L-Like... Kristina Moonshine..."

Kalawarner nods in approval, almost like a proud parent. And Raynare's blush intensifies.

"I like... a lot of things about her," Raynare says, and Kalawarner listens closely, tightening the harness of her armor. "It's kind of hard to explain... There's all these little kinks and quirks about Kristina that make her so..."