Chapter 11

{Underworld}

(Phenex Territory | Phenex Castle)

(Raynare POV)

RUUUUMMMMBBLLE!!!

"What the Hell was that?!" Raynare exclaims, both Kalawarner and her almost losing their footing.

Finding purchase on the nearby walls, the two Angels experience the most violent earthquake in their lives. The structure of the Phenex Castle threatening to collapse, groaning loudly.

"Likely Kristina," Kalawarner guesses, pulling the smooth leather of Raynare's attire. "Wait."

"What-!" But Kalawarner shushes Raynare, pulling them around the corner of the hallway.

Peaking out to see a trail of blood staining the carpet floor, the source of an injured Lord Phenex limping to seemingly knowhere in particular.

"Shit, is that the head of the Phenex Clan?"

"Yeah, let's wait and see where he goes."

"Dude looks half dead..." Raynare comments. "He's probably looking for a nice spot to die."

"Just wait..." Kalawarner presses, watching the Devil slowly make his way to an end of a corridor, where a lone bookshelf stands.

Then, knocking on the furniture with his bloody fist, Lord Phenex is greeted by his wife, Lady Phenex. Who emerged from the swinging shelf, revealing it to be a hidden door to the underground factory.

Horrified by the state of her husband, Lady Phenex quickly escorts Lord Phenex inside, shutting the hidden door behind them.

"Damn, I stand corrected." Raynare shrugs, the two standing in front of the bookshelf. "But how do we get in. Is there like some secret switch or-"

Boom!

Throwing a [Great Lightspear], Kalawarner utterly demolishes the secret door before them. Sorting through the rubble, Raynare and Kalawarner can now access the underground factory.

"Thanks to Kristina's [Curtain], the door's protection seals were erased."

"Yeah, but now they know we're coming!"

Drawing their [Light Spears], the two Angels go down the dark passageway, running into a single woman blocking their path.

"Heya, girls!" The woman greets with an upbeat smile. "Sorry, but this is as far as you'll go."

Giving off the same frivolous aura as Gabriel, both Raynare and Kalawarner freeze upon seeing this unknown woman. Clad in shiny marine blue armor, she has the look of a high level Devil, likely from another noblesmen Clan.

Judging from the strong thickness in the air, the two Angels figure that this unknown Devil is insanely strong. And if they're assumptions of her being similar to Gabriel in presence, she's holding power on par or higher than a member of the Four Great Seraphs.

"Then we have a problem," Raynare replies first, grinning to hide her fear. "Cause our orders require that we pass."

Sighing, the woman gives up the conversation. Deciding to start fighting instead of wasting her breath trying to spare the two Angels.

"That really sucks." The woman states, summoning water made tentacles behind her.